February 2014 Ask Susan-Pearl

Yes I did :eek:
And probably more too. I'll have a think and redo a list :D
I'm a little older than you ( ahem ;) ;)) Did you ever see the Hancock Half Hour or the early Q series from Spike Milligan??

No Dick, a little before my time I think. I've seen clips so no what your talking about but I don't remember watching them. My first memory was of Benny Hill ::) in black and white ;D

I have been making yorkshire pudding out of a box in our Brit section at the store,and I must have had an old box, I just took them out and they didn't rise like they usually do. If you make from scratch do you mind sharing recipe? :-[. If it not a family secret.

Another question. On Keeping up Appearances who is your favorite character?

The recipe is just a simple batter mix flour, eggs, pinch of salt and milk. I don' really know the quantity's because I just do it automaticly but I'll measure it out next time and write it down for you.
The secret for me is to get the oven and tin as hot has you can and when your pouring the batter into the tin make sure the tin is on top of a hob that's on, keep it really hot then put it straight back in the oven and don't open the door again until its ready :D

My favourite KUA character is Onslow he just makes me laugh ;D ;D

Onslow is mine too.

On the pud got the grease nice and hot, heard it sizzle ,and was on the top. Either I didn't set the temp high enough or the mix was bad. Probably the temp. Had the oven on all day cooking. If that is all you put in it then I have a recipe set on pinterest already. Just haven't got the nerve yet. My son loves them.

I hesitate to tell you both but my mother could bake bread and pastry to die for! HOWEVER, her Yorkshires had the consistency of Ryvitas!! :-\ :-\

We spread them with jam and ate them like toast and jam ;) ;)

I know you have said you didn't have a good schooling but was wondering when growing up what did you want to be when you grew up?

Onslow is mine too.

On the pud got the grease nice and hot, heard it sizzle ,and was on the top. Either I didn't set the temp high enough or the mix was bad. Probably the temp. Had the oven on all day cooking. If that is all you put in it then I have a recipe set on pinterest already. Just haven't got the nerve yet. My son loves them.

Go for it, let us know how it goes :D

I hesitate to tell you both but my mother could bake bread and pastry to die for! HOWEVER, her Yorkshires had the consistency of Ryvitas!! :-\ :-\

We spread them with jam and ate them like toast and jam ;) ;)

;D
I was always grounded so would have to sit in the kitchen with my mam and watch her cook. Dad was pretty nifty in the kitchen too.

I know you have said you didn't have a good schooling but was wondering when growing up what did you want to be when you grew up?

Well I was the only girl on my street and the street you lived on was the gang you were in so most of my dreams were the same as the boys, I wanted to join the army at one point or at the very least just stay out prison ;D

To be honest I didn't have many thoughts about what I wanted to be, most of my energy was focused on surviving through school. If anyone asked I'd just say something like Evel Knievels back up.

My mam send my dad with me to choose some wall paper once and we can back with Evel Knievel wall paper, mam went ballistic she thought he'd chosen it and was expecting me to chose something girly. I think that's the day she realised she had 3 boys and not 2 boys and a girl. ;D ;D

Your comments about under your granddaughters bed are pretty wicked, but your list of comedy programmes is quite mainstream. Are there any modern comedians shows you like?? For instance I could never get on with "The Office". Ricky Gervais just did not do it for me :-\ :-\ ::)

Susan you have to replace the trio with three actors who have never appeared in the show,who would you choose

Your comments about under your granddaughters bed are pretty wicked, but your list of comedy programmes is quite mainstream. Are there any modern comedians shows you like?? For instance I could never get on with "The Office". Ricky Gervais just did not do it for me :-\ :-\ ::)

I'm not a fan of The Office and although I'm broad minded I don't like things like Mrs Browns Boys with lots of swearing and such. There are very few stand up comedians that make me laugh, I prefer subtle comedy more dead pan and straight faced stuff. I used to like Mike Harding he made my laugh as did Jasper Carrot. I'm not really up to date with today's comedians, I know a few have reverted to cracking wise at the expense of the vulnerable like Jimmy Carr cracking "Jokes" about Downs kids this I find disgusting and very insulting. I could go off on a rant about that but I'll spear you.

Maybe I'm getting old ;D ;D

Susan you have to replace the trio with three actors who have never appeared in the show,who would you choose

James Bolam, Alun Armstrong and Jim Broadbent is the quick answer to that.

I know some members are locking and loading and starting to take aim at me now so I'll duck when I post ;D

James Bolam would make a good Clegg I think
Alun Armstrong would make a fairly decent Compo
And Jim Broardbent would be an excellent third man.

I'm sure there are others that would do a better job in these rolls but I really like these three and would loved to have seen them in Summer Wine playing any roll.

If we have to change any of them I'd prefer to go with a completely different look of actor. At the end of the day you can't improve perfection and that's what we had with the actors we had.
If you want me I'll be hiding under the table :eek: ;D

Maybe I'm getting old ;D ;D
What you :eek: NEVER !!! ;) ;D

Honestly my husband reckons I don't have a sense of humour! :eek:
He laughs his head off at any silly old thing and because I don't find his 200 year old jokes funny he says I'm humourless !! Cheeky bat! Then wonders why he gets the brush! ;)

susan if you were going to go on holiday abroad would you be a beach and hotel pool person or a tourist sites person?

susan if you were going to go on holiday abroad would you be a beach and hotel pool person or a tourist sites person?

That's a hard one! I love the beach and the sea but I like touring too. I'm a bit of boring devil really I like museums, old churches, battle fields and castles and such but I like being near the sea and sitting on a beach. Not so much hotels I prefer self catering, I'm rather fussy about that ;D

Do you remember seeing "Of Funerals and Fish" for the first time and were you hooked from then, or did your love for LotSW happen more gradually?

You talk of giving your husband "some brush" :eek: Are you likely to be changing your name to Pearl- Nora?? ;) :)

Back