February 2014 Ask Susan-Pearl

Sorry, he was diagnosed with ADHD and he is 10 years old now. It usually does get better as they get older.

Bless their hearts. I think you are dealing with a couple of geniuses here. ;) They knew exactly what they were doing. ;D

They stayed awake until she went in to the bathroom and operation mommylockedin was a success.

I have a friend whose son is always wondering off as well. He has gotten himself into all kinds of trouble, but there is always a funny story with it. The doctors told her that he will grow out of it and she has noticed that he is getting better. They use food instead of medicine to help correct it. I don't know which is better honestly. I do know she never gives him anything with sugar which is almost impossible.

We all said right from the start that they were not going to drug either of them we use diet too. I could talk all day about their escapades, they are so funny. If you look through my albums on Facebook you'll find one titled Escape committee.

if you could have any Last of the Summer Wine actor/actress or prominent crew to dinner who would it be?

if you could have any Last of the Summer Wine actor/actress or prominent crew to dinner who would it be?

Living it would have to be Peter Sallis, I'd love to know what he really thought of all the other cast members.
But if I could have one that's deceased I think I'd pick Thora Hird because of her very long and varied career, it would be nice to have a long chat and find out how she managed to keep working for so long.

My nephew has a mild case of autism. Didn't talk until he was 3 and half. First time my sister heard him say mama. The autism rate is I believe 1 in 150 now, the last I heard. Not sure if that just here in the States or is that the ratio there in England also? I think it has something to do with what they put in our foods that is causing this. So many hormones in meats etc. Some even think it is in our vaccines here in the states. Susan , in your country what do they think is contributing to this problem? It has risen so fast in the last 15 years. :(

My nephew has a mild case of autism. Didn't talk until he was 3 and half. First time my sister heard him say mama. The autism rate is I believe 1 in 150 now, the last I heard. Not sure if that just here in the States or is that the ratio there in England also? I think it has something to do with what they put in our foods that is causing this. So many hormones in meats etc. Some even think it is in our vaccines here in the states. Susan , in your country what do they think is contributing to this problem? It has risen so fast in the last 15 years. :(

There was a huge furore a few years back about Autism being linked to the MMR with lots of parents refusing to allow their babies to have it, that was later debunked but now we have an increase in measles, mumps and rubella.

I don't personally think its the vaccines. It could have something to do with the environment or the growing interference with our food. Who knows? Has for the rise of it, it could be on the increase but I think most of it is down to better detection. We just hope that one day we can find what is causing it and take steps to eradicate it.

Changing the subject somewhat, you speak on another thread about driving . Can you drive or is it a case of " keeping death off the road " ;) ;) I ask this because some years before he died we had to take my father in laws keys off him. I told him to turn right at the next crossroads , he turned directly right against the traffic instead of going round the island :eek: :eek:

Another "cheeky" question. Did you ever go Scrumping??(stealing apples from neighbours trees etc :-[ :-[)

Yes Dick I can drive, I past my test 18 years ago! I passed second time, I think he felt sorry for me because I cried with nerves. Men don't like crying woman for some reason. ;) :me:

My husband refuses to get in the car with me because he calls me a boy racer, my kids only ask me for lifts in shear emergences because they say I have road rage and scream at other road users.

I only point out the error of their ways in a loud voice!! Hardly road rage is it?

:D :D :D

Another "cheeky" question. Did you ever go Scrumping??(stealing apples from neighbours trees etc :-[ :-[)

;D ;D Yes I did, but I was the look out because I kept falling out the trees. ;D

By the way when I was learning to drive I did the round about thing too ;D The instructor nearly had a stroke ;D
He'd been fishing about for something on the back seat and didn't realise that I was having a blonde moment. :eek:

You can be a bit wacky , Is your hubby the same?? I caught my insanity off my kids :me: :me:

;D No that's not a word I'd use to describe him :D

I just wanted to let you and Darren know that this question forum has really introduced me to some really nice people that I hope to call friends if we lived in the same country. When I do make it to Yorkshire I will let you know and maybe by chance we will be there at the same time. This has been a positive experience learning about people from the other side of the world ;) ;) Going to work :(

I just wanted to let you and Darren know that this question forum has really introduced me to some really nice people that I hope to call friends if we lived in the same country. When I do make it to Yorkshire I will let you know and maybe by chance we will be there at the same time. This has been a positive experience learning about people from the other side of the world ;) ;) Going to work :(

We'll look forward to it :D

My wife is dyslexic too but typing and texting really seems to have helped.Have you found this?

My wife is dyslexic too but typing and texting really seems to have helped.Have you found this?

Yes I do George, I also find auto correct a god send :D
I can read better from a screen too. My Kindle has given me huge enjoyment because I can follow a sentence much easier.
Since I becoming computer literate my communication has improved no end. Coloured paper helps too. I like blue but every ones different, I know someone who see's better on yellow but I can't read anything on yellow or red paper.

Yes I do George, I also find auto correct a god send :D
I can read better from a screen too. My Kindle has given me huge enjoyment because I can follow a sentence much easier.
Since I becoming computer literate my communication has improved no end. Coloured paper helps too. I like blue but every ones different, I know someone who see's better on yellow but I can't read anything on yellow or red paper.
Have you been tested for colour blindness at all?? :-\ ???

The thing with colour blindness is it usually only effects men, its past on though the mothers side. It runs in my family my brothers are colour blind and I have past it on to my son my daughters will probably pass it on to their sons.

Using white paper makes makes the words bounce about. Or it could just be me being awkward :D

Back
Top Bottom