February 2014 Ask Susan-Pearl

Last time I was tested for colour-blindness was over 50 years ago. I had to read numbers that were made up of coloured dots in amongst dots of various other colours, ::) ::)

Last time I was tested for colour-blindness was over 50 years ago. I had to read numbers that were made up of coloured dots in amongst dots of various other colours, ::) ::)

You party animal you ;) ;)

What makes you blush?

Well there's that question for a start ;) What a fantastic question :respect:

I don't like complements, I never know what to say but other than that there's not much that makes me blush.
Getting to long in the tooth to go all girlish.............. Or goulish ;D ;D

Having said that if I drink beer I light up like beckon, but I think that's old age ;D ;D

What makes you blush?
Good one George!!

I got one for you! Who would you compare you and your husband to?
Example, I would have to say for us, in my opinion, not my wife's.
Edie and Wesley, and a tiny bit of Onslo and Daisy(only because our house is always a mess and I like watching TV).
My wife was raised very proper, and I'm the opposite(she even how to set a proper table). She never gets dirty and hates to and I'm dirty most of the time, she drives the car and never hears the noises and when drive it I'm like, hear that???
Anyways, just trying some light hearted fun.

I'm not sure about that one, I've had to have a think.........
I think I'm a bit like Edie in the driving department, a bit like Pearl in that I don't suffer fools gladly.
My husband is quite quiet and leaves me to do all the talking ( And before you ask Dick, yes I do let him get a word in edge wise, now and then)
He's quite good with DIY like Wesley and Seymour and with my boot in is back can lay is hand to most things. It took me years to teach him that his dirty socks go in the washing basket and not under the bed! So in some ways he's like Compo too. He'd let the house be messy if I let him but that's a big no no so he's learning still.

I remember going to visit family for a few days and left him with the kids I phoned every day and spoke to them. Day one went something like this:
Daddy took us to the pub and we had fish and chips and a video on the way home
Day two: Daddy took us to the pub and we had fish and chips and a video on the way home
Day three: Daddy took us to the pub and we had fish and chips and a video on the way home...
I was home on day four, with a certain look on my face! He then declared proudly that he'd had the washer on and had washed all the kids woollens school cloths.................. He said they looked dirty so he put them on boil >:( >:( Yep every bit of school uniform and woollens were ruined >:(
We've been together for 37 years so we must be doing something right ;D

:D :D :p. Sounds like we are all a mix of our favs. Pub, fish and chips!! He was feeding them at least! Sounds familiar. Sorry to hear about the uniforms though. ;D

There never was a problem with them being fed its what he'd feed if left to him own devises. ::)
;D

My daughter can cook and likes to do a variety of meals . When her husband is in charge everyone has to like beans on toast :eek: ::) ::)

My daughter can cook and likes to do a variety of meals . When her husband is in charge everyone has to like beans on toast :eek: ::) ::)

I thought " If I snuff it the kids will be up the proverbial with no veg" So he can cook now, does a nice roast dinner and a decent sweet and sour but before it was all " Bunge it in the frying pan with half a pack of lard" its taken a while but we're getting there. ;D :dance:

Sorry to get off subject, but is beans on toast a real item??? Sounds good. I can make a mean macaroni and cheese :respect:

Basic fare for students and some single men ;) ;) Not me I hasten to add :D Cooked meal every day! ::)

you have said Wally and Clegg are your favourite characters but have you a favourite character introduced post Compo? cause lets be honest it was a different show without Compo

Back