February 2014 Ask Susan-Pearl

Do you remember seeing "Of Funerals and Fish" for the first time and were you hooked from then, or did your love for LotSW happen more gradually?

I didn't actually see the first one until about 10 years ago. The first ones I remember seeing with my dad had Foggy in so it was a few years before I saw Michael Bates.

I enjoyed watching with my dad because he laughed so much and it felt like we had something in common, I grow to love watching it on my own I while later. I've past the genes on to my son because he likes it too. :D

Do you remember seeing "Of Funerals and Fish" for the first time and were you hooked from then, or did your love for LotSW happen more gradually?

I didn't actually see the first one until about 10 years ago. The first ones I remember seeing with my dad had Foggy in so it was a few years before I saw Michael Bates.

I enjoyed watching with my dad because he laughed so much and it felt like we had something in common, I grow to love watching it on my own I while later. I've past the genes on to my son because he likes it too. :D
I first got interested through my Dad also Susan. I can remember my Mam looking at him and wondering at him laughing, she never got the programme really. I also didn't see the pilot until about 7 years ago, it was wonderful seeing them all so young. Clegg in particular looked so youthful, and seeing Micheal Bates for the first time as one of the trio was a treat.

No, I like rock and heavy metal music . :respect: :D

The only classical stuff I like is TV programs and films. :me:

I first got interested through my Dad also Susan. I can remember my Mam looking at him and wondering at him laughing, she never got the programme really. I also didn't see the pilot until about 7 years ago, it was wonderful seeing them all so young. Clegg in particular looked so youthful, and seeing Micheal Bates for the first time as one of the trio was a treat.

I think we lived in the same house, that's exactly how it was in our house ;D

Cod.
Here's some more has promised.

As Time Goes By :D
Murder In Paradise
Cadfael
Tremors ( But only the first one)

The Third Man
Northern Exposure
I'll revise the list as I go ;)

you said you like reading but do you do much else to fill the day, are you employed? if not do you meet friends or similar? i'm guessing you do spend a lot of time with family but what else if you don't mind me asking

Mostly I take care of my grandkids and dad during the day. Mondays I have Maths.
When the kids where young I worked part time in the evenings so has to avoid childcare costs then when the youngest was 13 I worked full time until I became ill, which was about the time the grandkids started arriving so I was pressed ganged into child minding, and have loved every minute of it. ;D

at least you do that though, I know how hard it is to look after other people

If you were invited to guest star in the show, would you like to hang with the ladies and have tea, or walk around with the trio?

I have read all these wonderful accounts of your life and feel quite humble :) :)
If you could have one wish granted now what would it be ??

I have read all these wonderful accounts of your life and feel quite humble :) :)

Without hesitation I'd wish to be able to go inside the minds of my 2 special needs grandsons, just for a minute to make sure we're getting it right, to make sure we're doing all we can for them and to make sure their happy.

If you were invited to guest star in the show, would you like to hang with the ladies and have tea, or walk around with the trio?

That's great question and a hard one, I think I would probably have tea with the Ladies but regret it later and wished I'd gone for a wonder ;D

Without hesitation I'd wish to be able to go inside the minds of my 2 special needs grandsons, just for a minute to make sure we're getting it right, to make sure we're doing all we can for them and to make sure their happy.
I didn't remember that they were special needs. They are so adorable. Do you mind telling us what their special need is? I hope I am not getting too personal.

One is autistic and the other is ADHD.
We're confident the ADHD will lesson in time and he should lead a normal life at some point, it just makes him hard work at the moment. We have a lot of help from the right people ( when we give them a push).

Autism is a life long thing and he's the one we stay awake at nights worrying about most. He's such a loving child and so trusting. Our biggest thing is who will like after him when we're gone? You hear such horrible stories and we cry an awful lot about it.

So he will never be able to support himself as an adult? That is tough. I worry about my niece who has never been diagnosed but she has all the symptoms. She pretty much isolates herself to her home and doesn't want communication with others, but she is very loving to her family when we see her. Then she does want to talk. She just can't communicate with teachers and peers. It is hard to see this happen.

I actually have A.D.D. They say that A.D.D. people are very creative and love to think outside the box type of people. I struggled in school not knowing that there was a reason for it. Like you, I was told I just didn't pay attention and was lazy.

I hope you can get yourself not to worry so much. I mean I hope you can find an organization you or their parents can find that you can trust to always be there for them.

So he will never be able to support himself as an adult? That is tough. I worry about my niece who has never been diagnosed but she has all the symptoms. She pretty much isolates herself to her home and doesn't want communication with others, but she is very loving to her family when we see her. Then she does want to talk. She just can't communicate with teachers and peers. It is hard to see this happen.

I actually have A.D.D. They say that A.D.D. people are very creative and love to think outside the box type of people. I struggled in school not knowing that there was a reason for it. Like you, I was told I just didn't pay attention and was lazy.

I hope you can get yourself not to worry so much. I mean I hope you can find an organization you or their parents can find that you can trust to always be there for them.

Thank you Beth, they are very creative. My daughter had to put a bolt on the outside of the bathroom because they could get out their bedroom and go in the bathroom in the middle of the night and she was worried their might drowned them self's. I had a phone call one evening, she'd gone into the bathroom and they had used a box to stand on and locked her in! She was in a right panic, when I got there they were sitting watching telly with a load of bread. They could climb over stair gates at 9 months old!

We have accessed all the help we can but things move slow but we don't give up.

Bless their hearts. I think you are dealing with a couple of geniuses here. ;) They knew exactly what they were doing. ;D

They stayed awake until she went in to the bathroom and operation mommylockedin was a success.

I have a friend whose son is always wondering off as well. He has gotten himself into all kinds of trouble, but there is always a funny story with it. The doctors told her that he will grow out of it and she has noticed that he is getting better. They use food instead of medicine to help correct it. I don't know which is better honestly. I do know she never gives him anything with sugar which is almost impossible.