February 2014 Ask Susan-Pearl

Hey Susan. What other TV shows do you follow other then the greatest show ever.

Hi Amos, there's a long list further down the page.
Mostly I like comedy's and some sci=fi, sorry not Dr Who :D,
I'll give most things a go really but I don't usually like girly programs I'm not a fan of "Chic flicks" and the like.
I'm more of your " Getting lost in a disaster" kinda gal.
I like all of Roy Clark's other programs and anything written by Agatha Christy.
If there was a program with people getting shipwrecked, hunted by dinosaurs then killed off one by one by each other and all dressed has Arkwright, Compo, clegg and Foggy I'd be in heaven. ;D

have you met any of the cast or crew of the show?

Unfortunately I've never been that lucky. I did twice meet Gordon Banks and one of the blokes from West Life showed up at a party I was at once.... .............. Oh I saw one of The Three Degrees in a taxi going round a round about that and one or two other miner claims to fame I haven't met anyone famous :)

Ben Miller favoured one of my tweets once, which my granddaughter was very impressed with. 8)

you've said you live in the Midlands and was wondering where in the Midlands (i'm from West Bromwich in the West Midlands), obviously I don't want to know the exact street but just wondered what area in the Midlands your in.

you've said you live in the Midlands and was wondering where in the Midlands (i'm from West Bromwich in the West Midlands), obviously I don't want to know the exact street but just wondered what area in the Midlands your in.

I've just PM'ed you Darren :D

Do you have any pets?

At the moment we have a goldfish his/her name differs depending on which grandchild you ask. Its anything from Fairy Princess, Stripy Matthew, Pepper Pig,Thomas or The Fat Controller.
And we have a cat called Brian.

There was talk of a spider in the bathroom but I sent to extermination squad up to evict him. :)

LOL, too funny! I know that you have seen them all. I have only gone thru season a bit of season 24, I know you liked Wally, but who was your favorite third man, Blamire, Foggy , or Truelove?

I'd have to say Foggy BUT I really I lot of episodes with Seymour in so he'd have to second. :D

you know im a fan of the Hobbo years, I was wondering what your views on them years are

you know im a fan of the Hobbo years, I was wondering what your views on them years are

To be honest Darren I didn't like him.
I've said this before but I think its the way he was just plonked in. There was no introduction to him he was just there one week and we were expected to relate to him.

I understand why they needed to bring another man in Peter and Frank were not going to get any more agile and I'm not saying Russ Abbott was the wrong man but if we'd have seen or even heard of him before I think I'd have taken to him better. If he'd tip toed round the edges for a couple of episodes that may have helped but has it was I just didn't take to him.

That's the thing about Summer Wine though,it has so many facets to it that some of it appeals to some people and other bits appeal to others. Lets face it there are not many programs out there that have brought some many different people together, just look at this forum we have 20 year olds all the way up to 70's /80 year old people from all over the world from different walks of life all brought together by one program. ( And for the most part we all get on :respect:)

Its quite an achievement. I don't think we'll all ever agree on who was the best third man or on who ever else they brought in to front it but that's the beauty of it, it gives us all something to talk about ;)
:dance: :dance:

I can understand that view Susan, fair enough. well said about the show

Not to blow my own trumpet but yes I think I do make a good yorky pud. ;D
No one has has ever dare complain of cause ;D ;D

I have been making yorkshire pudding out of a box in our Brit section at the store,and I must have had an old box, I just took them out and they didn't rise like they usually do. If you make from scratch do you mind sharing recipe? :-[. If it not a family secret.

Another question. On Keeping up Appearances who is your favorite character?

Back