February 2014 Ask Susan-Pearl

well Brigit's dead pan expression was shown in Still Open All Hours so I agree with you there. would have been good to see Alan Armstrong in the show as well cause im sure they would have got round is natural Geordie accent

He didn't have one in New Tricks so I don't think would have been a problem.

I think it is amazing you taught yourself to read. I am very proud for you. :respect:

So, tell us about your husband. How many years have you been married, does he love LOTSW?

We met when I was 14 we've been together for 37 years, he watches Summer Wine because......... Well basically a own the remote :D
He doesn't mind watching it but there are a few episodes his grown's of" Oh no not this one again" are quite audible but generally he's happy to watch or snore his way through it.

Which quite good of him really because if wants to watch Lord Of The Rings or other such nonsense he's banished to the spare room. ;D

I understand about the remote. It is an "honored" possession. :D

How many children and grandchildren do you have?

Also, on your trips to the Highlands (which sounds wonderful), what has been the greatest discovery you found?

I have 3 children
Thomas is 36
Zoe is 34
Kim is 33
6 Grandkids
Jessica 13 Zoe's
Rachael 12 Kim's
Daisy 7 Zoe's
Twins, George and William 5 Kim's
and Little Taffy, Dexter 3 Zoe's.

I was there when they were all born and nothing has given my greater joy or peace ( I don't mean quiet peace ;D)

I think the best thing we found in Scotland is the shear beauty of it. We love a place called Torridon and Skye is just amazing but its not just the places its the getting there too the scenery is out standing.

Beth if you look at my pictures on Facebook you'll see what I mean :D

Beth I've tagged you in a picture if you go across from there you'll see last years pics

what is your favourite episode Susan? also do you have a favourite series from the show?

I thought you may ask me this Darren, its hard to say what my favourite one is but I love The Mysterious Feet Of Nora Batty and Edie And The Auto Mobile.
I think out of all of them Getting Sam Home would be my ultimate favourite.

I can't pick a series straight out because I like some episodes from them all but if push came to shove I'd pick Foggy's last 2 series. I found them very gently and easy to watch.

LOL , just read over the last few answers and you are a HOOT ;D, someone fun to be around. My question is out of all of the Ladies at tea who do you think you are most like? I figured it would be Pearl because of your Avatar.

Probably Pearl yes.

I sometimes think I'm a bit of a mix between Pearl and Compo. I have Pearl's no nonsense attitude and Compo's sense of fun. You could say I could be their love child ;D

Can you imagine that ? :eek: :eek:

You are just too funny! ;D

You do have a wonderful way of expressing yourself-great story teller. Was you always so witty and funny as a child?

What I mean is my cousin would always be surrounded by others including myself with a story. Nobody could tell it like her.

I think my teachers saw it more of cheek than fun! ::) Hence the beats :D

I was born and brought up in the Midlands but my parents are from the North and the sense of humour is totally different. I think deep down I'm a Northern lass. Sunderland was always called " Up home" and I think that stayed with me. I feel at home up there.

I'm just me really, if people find that funny then at least I'm putting a smile on someone's face. ;D

Back