Summer Wine Decanted

Episode 3 - "The Simmonite Ancestry" the third episode of my series of videos on YouTube goes live at 7pm (UK BST) Monday 22 May 2023.
Just watched it, again a superb piece of viewing I cannot believe how much detail and research you must have done - but I'm glad you have. Any cues to what next weeks installment will be about ;) ?

Finally got a chance to watch this episode! Sorry I took forever! I had to get home and get unpacked and then my mom wanted me to spend some time with her because she missed me and I missed her too, so I was happy to do that. Then my boyfriend called and we're trying to make plans to see each other this weekend if the antipsychotics stop making me so dizzy. But anyway, I totally loved this episode! I had no idea Compo had such a big family! Good job as always!

Just watched it another superb episode thank you both for producing such a wonderful show . You mention Bill playing Northern well he was Thelma's dad in Whatever Happened to the Likely lads [way further North than Holmfirth :) ] where he gets caught out at a Hotel with his Secretary by Bob and Terry . It also links him to Chip,Tony Haygarth, who also appears in another episode where he plays Bob's milkman.

That was brilliant yet again,thank you so much.
Like others have said it would be great to see all of the episodes on dvd.
Each one is meticulously researched and there is new information to me in every one.
As I previously mentioned I love the locations during the various pieces to camera,knowing the area that alone is some feat,I can visualise a scene that took place at every one of the locations,and have been fortunate to visit every one in all three episodes so far,except for the Thumpy Dub arched bridge at Jackson Bridge which is a private residence,so well done on getting there too.
Huge thanks to you both/all.
Chuffer.

Finally got a chance to watch this episode! Sorry I took forever! I had to get home and get unpacked and then my mom wanted me to spend some time with her because she missed me and I missed her too, so I was happy to do that. Then my boyfriend called and we're trying to make plans to see each other this weekend if the antipsychotics stop making me so dizzy. But anyway, I totally loved this episode! I had no idea Compo had such a big family! Good job as always!
Oh, hang on ... I decided not to use another scrolling screen of the names of Compo's other 39 family members, mentioned but not seen!

That was brilliant yet again,thank you so much.
Like others have said it would be great to see all of the episodes on dvd.
Each one is meticulously researched and there is new information to me in every one.
As I previously mentioned I love the locations during the various pieces to camera,knowing the area that alone is some feat,I can visualise a scene that took place at every one of the locations,and have been fortunate to visit every one in all three episodes so far,except for the Thumpy Dub arched bridge at Jackson Bridge which is a private residence,so well done on getting there too.
Huge thanks to you both/all.
Chuffer.
We have tried to include the appropriate locations for the part of the story we are telling. Pleased you recognised them, and also pleased that there is information in there that at least some people didn't already know!
Driving in the area can be a challenge... and we have done a lot of walking to some locations not accessible by vehicle (despite some actually having roads). Special thanks to Brian Smith (Meal Hill House) for allowing us to film on the bridge, which will make further appearances!

Just watched it another superb episode thank you both for producing such a wonderful show . You mention Bill playing Northern well he was Thelma's dad in Whatever Happened to the Likely lads [way further North than Holmfirth :) ] where he gets caught out at a Hotel with his Secretary by Bob and Terry . It also links him to Chip,Tony Haygarth, who also appears in another episode where he plays Bob's milkman.
I had too much information to include in the "character" videos, but keep watching for more trivia and connections!

Back