Summer Wine Decanted

Are you able to tell us how many episodes you plan to make or is that part of the the reveal?

Judging by the brilliance of the first video, I think you should do over 295 to beat the LOTSW record ;)

T.I. I don't think you really need to spend the time captioning yourself, a bit labour intensive for a 1 man show :16:
However if you have the facility, overdubbing the really noisy bits in post, even if they sound like a studio, would be beneficial. :)

I did not mean to seem critical, you have achieved a great deal with this video, certainly more than I would ever be able to do, and being single handed makes the effort even more rewarding. I was just making a suggestion for us hard of hearing viewers! :42:
Before the CD set of the first season of LOTSW was reissued with captions, I captioned it for my own use. It was so labor-intensive as to be impractical, except in absolutely desperate situations. The AI captions aren't terrible. Between them and lipreading, I knew what was being said with almost no extra effort.

There is a free open source program called Subtitle Edit from Nikse.dk I have used on several occasions. Don't know if you @theatrically_inclined or others that mess with video would be interested in.

I have used it to translate DVD subtitles as well as close captions to another language. It also has several speech to text engines that scans the audio and translates that to subtitles. It automates the translation through google translate.

It is not perfect with the translations but greatly helps and makes it easy to go through, proof read and correct the text. Also makes it easy to sync the text with audio as it shows the video and sound graph.

The software gets regular updates and is one of my favorite programs. I'm currently translating two shows when I hav time. One is a Spanish show ( Gran Hotel ) which the DVD is no longer produced and not available in English (audio or subs). The other is an online Portuguese show that I am converting to English subs from Portuguese Close Captions. I am slowly working my way through them. Have some Spanish speaking friends who verified my translations and said I did really well.

I'm no expert but can help you as much as I can if interested. That gives me an idea, I will try my hand at doing some subs for you theatrically for the video you just uploaded. Will get back to you at a later time to say how things are going.

What an absolute breeze. Just whipped up the subs for the trailer video as a test trial. The program cranked them out in a few minutes without error. Time synced and everything. Let me know if you want them and in what format.

Was not sure if it was youtube that did it to your audio but it was near clipping. Visible on a graph. I separated it out and normalized to -3 dB just in case the text to speech struggle but was not needed.

Gonna do subs for the main video next.

It's a great little program. Can also optically scan text from subtitles, soft coded as in DVD subtitle files or hard encoded burned in images. Takes a little to time for it to learn. Going from English audio to create English subs has been the easiest thing for me on it yet. :18:

Sorry for all the posts in such a short time. Keep thinking of things to add while trying to help out others.

@theatrically_inclined I exported the subs in SubRip .srt format. Here is what it looks like unformatted in regular text style. I like how it chose the British 'programme' verses American 'program'. It must have detected your accent, haha!

The larger episode is gonna take another hour or so to chug through your video to create the subs.

Only showing a partial to not have a huge post and because some of the timestamps are the same as some emoji's and it looked funny.

00:00:00,000 --> 00:00:05,000
[Music]

00:00:05,001 --> 00:00:09,000
Last of the Summer Wine is the longest
running comedy programme in Britain

00:00:09,001 --> 00:00:12,000
and the longest running
situation comedy in the world.

00:00:12,001 --> 00:00:16,000
Other television comedy series
have produced more episodes

00:00:16,001 --> 00:00:19,000
but none have lasted as many
years as Last of the Summer Wine.

00:00:19,001 --> 00:00:24,000
[Music]

00:00:24,001 --> 00:00:28,000
This series of films is
like a video encyclopedia,

00:00:28,001 --> 00:00:31,000
probably the most comprehensive
guide ever to Last of the Summer Wine.

00:00:31,001 --> 00:00:35,000
We'll be visiting the home of
Summer Wine and also many of the

00:00:35,001 --> 00:00:38,000
locations used for filming
in its 37 year history.

00:00:38,001 --> 00:00:46,000
[Music]

00:00:46,001 --> 00:00:49,000
The trio of child-like
50-somethings have no wives,

00:00:49,001 --> 00:00:53,000
jobs or responsibilities to occupy
them so they spend their days

00:00:53,001 --> 00:00:55,391
enjoying their
freedom with leisurely

00:00:55,403 --> 00:00:58,000
walks in the epic
Yorkshire countryside,

00:00:58,001 --> 00:01:02,000
having a pint in a pub or
experimenting with a contraption

00:01:02,001 --> 00:01:06,000
liable to result in an
unforeseen misadventure.

I have no doubt that you were working from a script. What I am offering is it being time synced to your video down to the millisecond. All that should need for it to be done is inserted into the video container.

I was just riding a wave of feeling helpful. :21:

What an absolute breeze. Just whipped up the subs for the trailer video as a test trial. The program cranked them out in a few minutes without error. Time synced and everything. Let me know if you want them and in what format.
Oh, you have been busy, you won't get paid, you know!
Somewhere on YT is does specify their protocol, but I was leaving that till I'd got the bulk of the editing done!

[I wrote this about 12 hours before it actually got posted!]

Back