Fun with Google Earth...

That was fast :)
How about the street where Mrs Partridge lived.We saw it in Short Back and Palais Glide.

That was fast :)
How about the street where Mrs Partridge lived.We saw it in Short Back and Palais Glide.

I'm wondering if it's the same housing estate that was used for "The changing face of rural Blamire" episode, where they are selling the cans of "Shinyglow"?

G ; )

"Short Back and Palais Glide"

glide1.jpg

glide2.jpg

Mrs. Partridge's place. Hey Cliff Road, Holmfirth.

Love those Yorkshire Dales and the patchwork of Dry Rock Wall. Makes it easy to find a location. ;D

Spot on Claye :)
How about the street where the 'groom' steals the milk float in 'There Goes the Groom'

I'll try to work on that one. Here's the spot where the trio run across him on the bike!

cwsly.jpg

The trio are driving down Cowlersley Lane and the Groom down Manchester Road in Cowlersley.

Another one that fascinates me is where Smiler is the lollipop man at a school crossing in How To Create A Monster'.We've seen that area many times.

Whoops.. Read your post again.. Thought you said "Situations Vacant", but funnily enough. Smiler is at this place as a lollipop man in both episodes. This stretch of road is also where Compo and Foggy get chased and run down by Eli on a Bike.

vacant.jpg

Brougham Road in Marsden.

No streetview for Gupperdyke Hall, but it's in Terry's map section. Cannon Hall is on New Road near Cawthorne.

From "There Goes the Groom"

groom1.jpg

This is on Hawthorn Road in Slaithwaite. Unfortunately this is as far as streetview goes up this road. When the scene opens with the milk float and the trio pulling up in the truck. They park at the fourth house up the hill in the picture above. If you look carefully, the house on the far right side that is half tan and half white you can see it in the scene down the hill.

Also the tree at the end of the road in the picture is seen in the scene with Truly before the mail lady screams as she discovers Foggy passed out in the truck.

Anyone know where the "pub" used in the final scene used in "the afterthoughts of a Co-op manager" - know it has been used in another episode though can't remember which one. Might not even be an actual pub, could be just a few tables put together but looks a great spot on the hillside overlooking wherever, to enjoy a few pints on a summer evening.

That looks like it was set in the park area in the middle of the town of Holmfirth where the castle ruins used to be. You can also see this view in the beginning of the episode "A Dewhurst up A Fir Tree".

I believe this to be a private house in Binns Lane,somewhere near Park View in Holmfirth,Terry

I would love to know where the old farm building used in Inventor of the 40 foot ferret,Hail Smiling Morn and Ballad for Wind Instrument and Canoe is/was and if it's still there.

I would love to know where the old farm building used in Inventor of the 40 foot ferret,Hail Smiling Morn and Ballad for Wind Instrument and Canoe is/was and if it's still there.

I would also...Would be interesting.

Old Farmhouse from "Inventor of the 40 Foot Ferret"..

invent1.jpg

This one was easy, when they went to the scene of Compo flying the kite they showed a reservoir. Digley Reservoir. The trio are standing on the hill between Digley Royd Lane and Acres Lane. The farmhouse is on Acres Lane. Also used in the episode "Here We Go Again into the Blue Yonder".

That's brilliant and what a great photo.
We may have already covered this one (I can't remember).The school where Shep stops the kids while the trio go past with the piano.In 'Who's That Dancing with Nora......'

Back