Fun with Google Earth...

From the episode "The Flag and Further Snags". This is the road beside/near Old Willis' place. The house on the other side of the street is seen in some of the camera shots with the horses in the episode, not to mention Emley Moor Tower and also seen to the right on the other hill is Stocksmoor.

flagsnags.jpg

cry-wed1.jpg

From the final episode "How Not to Cry at Weddings". This is where Cooper & Walsh almost run into the bus filled with everyone. In Dunford Bridge on Dunford Road.

Usually when I try to find places, I try to look at landmarks or things that are just different. This one was easy, look around Holmfirth/Hepworth/New Mill and find the nearest power/electrical place or find one of those tall/massive power line towers and follow it.

Are there any locations that aren't on the map that anyone here wants to see if I can find it on Google Earth? (depending on if there's a streetview... and a good view of it). Also, I'm not really sure about the idea of putting up private homes on here. (even though I have with "Roll On", "A Clean Sweep" and "Self-Propelled Salad Strainer".. Thoughts?

It's an option on GoogleEarth called "streetview". It's basically like streetview on Google maps. I just use it on GoogleEarth because it's a bit more versatile.

Here's one requested by our dedicated site and forum owner, Terry!

The Prophet According to Bickerdyke..

Here's the trio walking down the road before they meet an odd fellow.
prophet3.jpg

Hoar Stones Road between Bradfield Dale and Low Bradfield
prophet3a.jpg

The Haychatter Inn
prophet1.jpg

How it looks today, and I just now found this one. I was confusing it with the Haychatter House which is a few more miles to the west. This is on Dale Road RIGHT AFTER it changes from Annet Lane.
prophet1a.jpg

...and now, what everyone has been waiting for...
prophet2.jpg

On Hoar Stones Road... I just now found the actual stone thanks to streetview.. just ran across it by accident! I knew of the immediate location when I searched for this months ago.. like I did the Haychatter..
prophet2a.jpg

prophet4.jpg

Magic Claye,just what the doctor ordered, a fair way from their normal haunts,I can feel a trip out before to long,Terry

It's an option on GoogleEarth called "streetview". It's basically like streetview on Google maps. I just use it on GoogleEarth because it's a bit more versatile.
Sorry Claye, I didn't make myself clear. My bad! ;D...I know how to use street view but how do you get an image from street view to a file in your computer so it can then be put to photobucket for posting on a forum.

I'm sure I've got you totally confused now...Sorry ;D

Scruffy, I used a free piece of software called Gadwin Print screen,which will capture what is on the screen at the time, you can always trim it down once captured if needs be, you can download it here http://www.gadwin.com/download/, the none pro one is free, hope this helps,Terry

Scruffy,

Ahhh! No worries. I just use the Print Screen button on the keyboard to copy the screen, then I put it in photoshop and trim out all the excessive stuff, save it and then post it on photobucket. :)

Here's two from "The Really Masculine Purse"..

purse1.jpg

The entrance to the viewing area of Beaumont Park on Beaumont Park Road where Seymour had Compo put the purse on with Wally's shoes.

purse2.jpg

The bus stop where the trio got on the bus with Compo's squeaky shoes. 4 Beaumont Park Road, a block away from the first location.

Thanks Claye !!....That was a great episode too. Compo walking around in Wally's squeaky shoes is so funny....
25r30wi.gif

Two from "Adopted by a Stray"..

stray1.jpg

This is where the trio encounter Smiler walking up a path. In the distance is the train tracks where the train goes by in the episode. This is on Netherend Road in Slaithwaite.

stray2.jpg

Same road, just the other view with the houses, seen in the episode.

Just wondering if you know the location of the old dirt path track that was used many times - particularly in the days of Foggy, Compy & Clegg. - One instance of which was used off the top of my head in "Three Men & A Mangle" - at the end. Thanks

hill.jpg

This is in Jackson Bridge at Intake Lane and Hirst Lane.

Here's one from the opening of Walking Stiff Can Make You Famous

stiff.jpg

A bit up the road in the middle of the screen (which doesn't have a streetview yet) is where the opening to Walking Stiff Can Make You Famous, where Compo borrows the kid's tricycle and Foggy takes it away from him to only be confronted by the dad. The house is on the left side of the picture. This is in Holmfirth on Cartworth Lane from Cartworth Bank Road.

I'd like to see the route the bath took before ending up with Compo getting soaked.I think the same building is used when the gang first spot aunties van in Aladdin gets on your wick. :)

Hi George, the bath ended up on the road down from the Butchers arms sadly the actual building is no longer there it is all new houses now,Terry

Back