Fun with Google Earth...

No it was the scene in Return of the Warrior when they kept just missing Foggy.They are wandering aimlessly and come across the lovers.Howard says something about being at a recital,Cleggy said Pearl would make him whistle the tune and when Howard says I can whistle Compo says not if she damages your lips.

Hi George, I believe this is in the space between Aunties shop and Market walk, the part where foggy walks past is Oliver Lane,Terry

Yep, you can even compare the brickwork between the doorknob and the window. This is as close as you'll get on either side with streetview..

warrior1.jpg

warrior2.jpg

Another dumb question.The back lane we see in the very first scene in episode 1 and the lane up the side of the elephant and castle pub.Do they meet at the top?

No, they don't. The back lane in the scene is at the cafe. The girls are walking down the church steps. The Elephant and Pub are a few doors down from Nora's, if you cross the bridge that is usually seen in the background from Nora's front steps, just go straight and you'll arrive at the Elephant and Castle. I can see why you thought it might be in the same area. I did as well thanks to all of the back alleyways. Also, the Elephant and Castle appears in the Frozen Turkey Man...

Gobble Gobble..

Right another one Claye.The pub from which Willis is ejected in The Flag and it's Snag.

Absolutely amazing.I'm in awe at your ability to do this.
I'm clutching at straws at the moment.How about the location where the wheel comes off Cleggy's bike at the end of Forked Lightning?

Here's one for you,Mellor Lane, Nr Holmfirth used in Magic and the Morris Minor, towards the end when Barry is making his escape and Edie and the ladies are there with the car

Mellor Lane

mellor1.jpg

the view when Barry comes running by..

mellor2.jpg

and on the opposite side is where Billy Hardcastle came across Howard and Marina, crashing on his scooter.

"Forked Lightning"

forked1.jpg

forked2.jpg

Laithe Lane where it meets Wooldale Cliff Road in Holmfirth. If you go past this location beyond where Wooldale Cliff Road makes a turn. You'll find the patch of land they used in "Frozen Turkey Man" where Compo was trying to find his treacle tin.

Pub in "Captain Clutterbuck's Treasure does not have a good way to see it in streetview, but here's a satellite view of it. In Jackson Bridge on Cheese Gate Nab Side/Scaly Gate.

clutter1.jpg

One location I haven't figured out yet, but I know the general vicinity of it is the stadium in "In the Service of Humanity". I know it's somewhere in Halifax, but it's not where the Halifax Stadium is today on Hunger Hill. Not the way the camera angle is with the hill or dale. I've pretty much verified that is the hill that I see in the background with the tower on Higgin Lane before it meets up with Whitegate Top. Does anyone have any history on Halifax? Also as Foggy pulls the stretcher further, there's a shot of two (what I call them) power station chimneys like what you'd see at Nuclear Power Plants. I'm not finding those on GoogleEarth, so they must've been torn down.

George.. You sir, are brilliant. Your assumption was correct! I decided to look up Leeds Road and check it out. With my guess, the only thing that remotely looked familiar or the same was the hill in the background, but that was it. No housing nearby that looked like what's in the scene or anything. The credit on this one goes to George!

humanity1.jpg

humanity2.jpg

The housing neighborhood is still there! This is facing Bradley Mills Road in Huddersfield.

humanity3.jpg

Leeds Road today... A shopping area.

Thanks for setting me straight, George! Cheers!

In the Man From Oswestry the trio are walking along a road carrying Foggy's luggage.The scene where Foggy shouts 'That man's got a hole in his trousers' and Cleggy replies 'It's just his way of showing his individuality'.

Back