Fun with Google Earth...

Thanks Terry.
By the way I saw you in LOTSW on g.o.l.d the other day.Did you get a repeat fee :)
Claye how about the opening scene in Of funerals and Fish when Blamire leaves 'his' home bumps into the kid with spots and sits on the bench with Compo?

I Thought that one had already been posted on here George,a little while back, I think it was Ryod Mount in Holmfirth

The Pub in A Quiet Drink was indeed The Clothiers Arms in Stocksmoor. Unfortunately there are so many trees and bushes around the business (which is still open) a streetview would be pointless. HOWEVER, I have other streetviews for today!

blamire.jpg

Blamire's house from "Of Funerals and Fish" on Royd Mount (though it's actually The Royds in Holmfirth.

hill1.jpg

From "Stop that Bath" this is where the bath starts getting heavy and gravity takes over. Town Gate, Hepworth. Also filmed on this street, where the hedges are seen on the right side is where Barry and the gang are witnessed putting the Vicar in his car in "A Short Introduction to Cooper's Rules".

hill2.jpg

This is where the bath ends on Main Gate, Hepworth. It looks to me like an old garage or gas station was originally there, now it's a neighborhood development.

concierto.jpg

Turning around on Main Gate in Hepworth is the location where Foggy and Compo end up crashing Compo's bike in "Concierto for Solo Bicycle". This is also the location where the bus kicked a smelly Compo off along with Foggy and Clegg in "The Sweet Smell of Success".

marina.jpg

This is the location for Marina's house. Gate Foot Lane, New Mill. Seen towards the end of "Stop that Bath". Also seen when Smiler has to deliver a coffee table to her for Auntie Wainwright. I forget which episode that was in.

That's absolutely brilliant Claye you are a wonder.I love looking at these pics they are really fascinating.Thank you so much and please keep 'em coming.

From "The Mystical Squeak of Howard's Bicycle"...

squeak1.jpg

This is where Smiler and Tom were doing "housework". Holt Lane in Holmfirth. I thought this location was interesting in how it seems perched on a hill.

Yes I can picture Tom sitting on those steps with a feather duster. :)
How about the property in 'Desperate for a Duffield' when Foggy knocks on the door and is dragged indoors by the madam.
I would also like to see Dream Acres. :)

Hi George, Dream acres could be hard as it is well screened by walls and tree, the best view is on the satellite maps on google maps, it is in Spring lane, New Mill, Terry

Here is "Number 12" from "Desperate for a Duffield".

duffield1.jpg

It's in Marsden. Now here's the tricky part though, I had to go to bing.com's map section to actually get the name of the street it's on. It's on Plains right after you cross the bridge over the train tracks (which is what the trio are doing in that scene). Dirker Drive turns into Plains and then Plains turns into Moonvale. What helped me find this one was the patchwork of dryrock wall on those Yorkshire Dales in the background when the trio walk up. ;D

You never cease to amaze Claye.
Here's another challenge for you.In Phantom of the Graveyard the trio see their old teachers coffin being carried from a house.

*takes his hat off*

Ol' Sylvester....

phantom1.jpg

I found this one back when I watched the episode for the first time. It's on Gill Lane/Stony Gate in Holmfirth. During the scene you can see Digley Reservoir off in the distance.

Excellent.
How about the pub in Perfection-Thy name is Ridley.Where Howard is supposed to meet Marina and the boys.

No luck on the Pub. It's on a Public Footpath called Long Ing Road that connects from Dunford Road. Its on the other side of the fence (west) of Barry and Glenda's neighborhood on Green Abbey.

but there's good news..

ridley1.jpg

Ridley's house - Cowcliff Hill Road in Hepworth, near Bowshaw Whams where the Huddersfield Sailing Club is.

ridley2.jpg

This is where the trio encounter Howard and his appointment with Ridley. This is Dean Bridge Lane splitting into White Wells Road and Chapelgate in Hepworth. Just a few meters down on White Wells Road is another popular filming location area seen in the later series.

Brilliant Claye. :)How about the shop in Dancing Feet when they are looking for something for hard skin.

This one was easy because it's in Terry's location map section. :)

dfeet3.jpg

On Wooldale Road near Pell Lane in Holmfirth.

Those pics are wonderful.
In 'There are Gypsies at the Bottom of our garden' Where the Gypsy first meets Foggy. :)

While I remember in the man from Oswestry when Compo and Clegg bump into Howard and Marina who are hiding in the passageway.Is that the passageway opposite Aunties.When Foggy goes past dragging his luggage it looks like Aunties shop before the makeover.

gypsies1.jpg

This is on Rotcher Road, the steps lead to the also famous New Row in Holmfirth.

As for the other location. Are you talking about the episode "The Woolen Mills of Your Mind" where a drunken Compo stumbles out of the White Horse and they walk along and run across Howard and Marina?

Back