What’s your favorite season?

My preferred seasons are 1,2,3,4 and 5.
I've got favourite episodes from each of the seasons:
Hail Smiling Morn Or Thereabouts (series 1)
Ballad For Wind Instruments and Canoe (series 2)
The Great Boarding House Bathroom Caper and Cheering Up Gordon (series 3)
Flower Power Cut (series 4)
Full Steam Behind (series 5)

I think it'll have to be between when Foggy returns until he leaves
You have everybody there and they all are comfortable with their roles
Foggy Burma war stories are hilarious "they wanted me to run their kingdom but I had a job waiting with the gas board"
The women all sitting around drinking and Edie telling Glenda to drink her coffee and then choking on it when she mentions Barry doing something interpreted as being slightly dubious
"She's very young"
"She's no right being young"

Then you have Howard Pearl, Marina , Auntie Wainwright selling people utter tat and Eli crashing into things.

Has to be the best era

Well, I liked Foggy's first stint in the show. And my favourite characters were Sid and Wally, so really anything between the start of series 3 and the end of series 8. They also include two of my all time favourite episodes, "The Mysterious Feet of Nora Batty", for that wonderful little scene between Nora and Wally in their kitchen, and "Wellies to Wet Suit" because that was the first episode I really found funny and really made me laugh.

And you're not the only ones. I've got no like button either. I could do with one during the reading of this thread.

Last edited:
There's an episode i don't know the name but Nora is out buying a new suit with Wally and she is repeating exactly what the tailor is saying to her husband word for word... it is very funny indeed

There's an episode i don't know the name but Nora is out buying a new suit with Wally and she is repeating exactly what the tailor is saying to her husband word for word... it is very funny indeed
Who's Looking After the Cafe Then? Series 8 episode 6

Series 5 for me. Especially if you throw in the Christmas special 'And A Dewhurst Up A Fir Tree'. I love the double episode stories particularly.
Welcome to the forum Stephen, I love Dewhurst Up A Fir Tree too, Foggy at his idiotic best!!!

Welcome to the forum Stephen, I love Dewhurst Up A Fir Tree too, Foggy at his idiotic best!!!

Thanks Barrychuckle. Yes, Foggy is at his idiotic best in that one. Bless him. I particularly like Clegg's line in the pub about the suicide pill in the wallet. So funny.

The Blamire Episodes for me. There are so many one liners and I can relate to the times.. Ha ha does anyone still have a boom night?

The Blamire Episodes for me. There are so many one liners and I can relate to the times.. Ha ha does anyone still have a boom night?

Yes the Blamire episodes were fantastic. I think, episode-wise, that he had some of the best storylines of all Summer Wine. I kinda lament the fact that Blamire never had a Christmas episode. That's up there on my all-time Summer Wine wish list.

You make are a really good point there, I've never really thought about it before, I'd have loved to have seen what he would have been like in a Christmas episode. I bet he would be wearing his military medals and make sure the 3 of them tuned into the Queens speech!

I think he would have insisted that a certain person renewed his trouser vows before Christmas Eve and any wrapping paper if so ever used must not contain the racing results. He would point out that gifts of a soapy nature would be a waste of money to said person and socks would almost certainly be of a military grade. However he could see the point of copious amounts of light ale being a problem as this could bring on fits of wessalling much to the admiration of women steeplejacks manuovering to prominent position under his dangling misseltoe.

You make are a really good point there, I've never really thought about it before, I'd have loved to have seen what he would have been like in a Christmas episode. I bet he would be wearing his military medals and make sure the 3 of them tuned into the Queens speech!

Oh I think you are right: the Queen's speech would have been a must for Blamire. I think, though, that the racing results would have been more of a priority for Compo. Lol (do they have racing over Christmas?)

Whatever, a Blamire Christmas episode would have been the jewel in the crown for me.

I had a think about a Blamire Christmas Episode and came up with this little scenario
A MERRY BLAMIRE

Blamire took off his overcoat and placed it behind him.Turning to Clegg he remarked," look at him, I know the landlord has got an extension tonight but blimey this tatty Herbet is taking out extended credit from my fag packet."" Ah yes but you know what its like at Christmas, they throw three piece suites at you for only £395 and say you can pay later. I don't think a few cigarettes would amount to much interest over an extended Christmas Holiday". replied Cleggy cynically." Well I'm skint again" Compo furtively responded, shuffling in his trouser pocket for a match. Blamire offered a vesta all round and drew back on his cig.
Then with his superior smirk he told them his plan of arrangements for Christmas Day."Tomorrow, which we all know is the high light of the season, the coming of the boy child to a stable not so far from here," " Where Cleckheaton," interupted Cleggy. " No Bethlehem, its not so far these days by 747" corrected Blamire. " We shall be dinning at my abode as guests of my landlady", " hey up Norm he's pulled", laughed Compo." The only thing to be pulled tomorrow will be a wishbone and the proverbial cracker," retorted Blamire. He continued rhetorically " We shall assemble here at 1200 for some Christmas spirit then proceed respectfully to number 22 to our host, When I say respectfully that means shirt flaps should certainly not be seen", Wide eyed he glared at Compo." we shall arrive at 1330 and after sherries we will be led into the dinning room for our Christmas Fair". Inhaling on his cigarette with an air of sophistication he removed it from his mouth and said " Her beef WellingTON is of par excellence and her roast turkey dinner is an anticipation of the quintessential feast"." hey Norm" quizzed Compo" Why is he on about wellingtons, I do have some best shoes I got when they demobbed me."" You know these military types they like every thing beefed up." laughed Cleggy." May I continue" interupted Blamire. " After our festive sumptuousness we shall be allowed to sit in the comfort of the heated lounge, with a coloured televisiON to watch the Queen as we crush our nuts." With that the other two burst into laughter and giggles, jeering " Nuts, Whole Hazel nuts, here I come and I wanna go home." Quickly adjusting his demeanor Blamire retaliated " you know what I mean and at 1900 we will have to vacate our host as she will be expecting her gentleman friend for supper". " you mean her fancy man, I've seen them down at the bakers". sneered Compo." I must admit it all sounds very nice with colour television and turkey but can we smoke". replied Clegg.
"There's just one problem Mable" contested Compo," I can't go.
They looked at him in complete bewilderment with Blamire struggling to close his mouth." Go on then flappy shirt tell us why?" he managed to say.
Compo began" I was down at the market this morning when I bumped into Aggie Duckett with her husband Derrick and the've asked me to Christmas Dinner. Well you know how she likes to not take no for an answer, so I said ok, he's gonna pick me up before opening time." " Aggie Ducket" in shouts of disbelief from Blamire and Clegg simultaneously." Thats why I'm skint I had to get her something for a pressy, I couldn't go there empty handed." sighed Compo." You should have got your self a truncheon you'll need it before the days out" advised Cleggy." Struth how did that happen, a scruffy little armpit like you getting an invitation from Aggie Duckett, I know she's a rough 'un but that takes the biscuit." gasped Blamire." just like she used to do at playtime." said Cleggy. " I was just sat there waitng for the bookie to open so I could win some'hat for the' present when they came up and asked me." Compo related." You see they had got this three bird roast from the back of a lorry and 'cos there was only two of them to eat it they asked me to join 'em to make the number up. It was all I could do for old times sake and it being the season of goodwill." sighed Compo." Season of goodwill" laughed Blamire " there'll be no goodwill at closing time if I know Aggie Duckett that was."

Last edited:
I had a think about a Blamire Christmas Episode and came up with this little scenario
A MERRY BLAMIRE

Blamire took off his overcoat and placed it behind him.Turning to Clegg he remarked," look at him, I know the landlord has got an extension tonight but blimey this tatty Herbet is taking out extended credit from my fag packet."" Ah yes but you know what its like at Christmas, they throw three piece suites at you for only £395 and say you can pay later. I don't think a few cigarettes would amount to much interest over an extended Christmas Holiday". replied Cleggy cynically." Well I'm skint again" Compo furtively responded, shuffling in his trouser pocket for a match. Blamire offered a vesta all round and drew back on his cig.
Then with his superior smirk he told them his plan of arrangements for Christmas Day."Tomorrow, which we all know is the high light of the season, the coming of the boy child to a stable not so far from here," " Where Cleckheaton," interupted Cleggy. " No Bethlehem, its not so far these days by 747" corrected Blamire. " We shall be dinning at my abode as guests of my landlady", " hey up Norm he's pulled", laughed Compo." The only thing to be pulled tomorrow will be a wishbone and the proverbial cracker," retorted Blamire. He continued rhetorically " We shall assemble here at 1200 for some Christmas spirit then proceed respectfully to number 22 to our host, When I say respectfully that means shirt flaps should certainly not be seen", Wide eyed he glared at Compo." we shall arrive at 1330 and after sherries we will be led into the dinning room for our Christmas Fair". Inhaling on his cigarette with an air of sophistication he removed it from his mouth and said " Her beef WellingTON is of par excellence and her roast turkey dinner is an anticipation of the quintessential feast"." hey Norm" quizzed Compo" Why is he on about wellingtons, I do have some best shoes I got when they demobbed me."" You know these military types they like every thing beefed up." laughed Cleggy." May I continue" interupted Blamire. " After our festive sumptuousness we shall be allowed to sit in the comfort of the heated lounge, with a coloured televisiON to watch the Queen as we crush our nuts." With that the other two burst into laughter and giggles, jeering " Nuts, Whole Hazel nuts, here I come and I wanna go home." Quickly adjusting his demeanor Blamire retaliated " you know what I mean and at 1900 we will have to vacate our host as she will be expecting her gentleman friend for supper". " you mean her fancy man, I've seen them down at the bakers". sneered Compo." I must admit it all sounds very nice with colour television and turkey but can we smoke". replied Clegg.
"There's just one problem Mable" contested Compo," I can't go.
They looked at him in complete bewilderment with Blamire struggling to close his mouth." Go on then flappy shirt tell us why?" he managed to say.
Compo began" I was down at the market this morning when I bumped into Aggie Duckett with her husband Derrick and the've asked me to Christmas Dinner. Well you know how she likes to not take no for an answer, so I said ok, he's gonna pick me up before opening time." " Aggie Ducket" in shouts of disbelief from Blamire and Clegg simultaneously." Thats why I'm skint I had to get her something for a pressy, I couldn't go there empty handed." sighed Compo." You should have got your self a truncheon you'll need it before the days out" advised Cleggy." Struth how did that happen, a scruffy little armpit like you getting an invitation from Aggie Duckett, I know she's a rough 'un but that takes the biscuit." gasped Blamire." just like she used to do at playtime." said Cleggy. " I was just sat there waitng for the bookie to open so I could win some'hat for the' present when they came up and asked me." Compo related." You see they had got this three bird roast from the back of a lorry and 'cos there was only two of them to eat it they asked me to join 'em to make the number up. It was all I could do for old times sake and it being the season of goodwill." sighed Compo." Season of goodwill" laughed Blamire " there'll be no goodwill at closing time if I know Aggie Duckett that was."

Lol That was amazing! Why do I not have a time machine so that I can bring back the actors just to play out your script? I particularly liked the way you accentuated the end of words when Blamire was speaking to represent his elongated vowels. So funny! :37:

Yes I like the way Blamire pronouces things like BridlingTON. I've had that story in my head for a few days. It could be longer. I was sat there in that pub with them creating the dialogue. Glad you liked it.

Yes I like the way Blamire pronouces things like BridlingTON. I've had that story in my head for a few days. It could be longer. I was sat there in that pub with them creating the dialogue. Glad you liked it.

I did. Perhaps you should continue writing/ creating it. I would certainly be interested in knowing how things turn out. As you can probably guess, I'm a bit of sucker for a Christmas episode.

Back