What’s your favorite season?

Louise Lawrence

My preferred seasons are 1,2,3,4 and 5.
I've got favourite episodes from each of the seasons:
Hail Smiling Morn Or Thereabouts (series 1)
Ballad For Wind Instruments and Canoe (series 2)
The Great Boarding House Bathroom Caper and Cheering Up Gordon (series 3)
Flower Power Cut (series 4)
Full Steam Behind (series 5)

BoraNatty

I think it'll have to be between when Foggy returns until he leaves
You have everybody there and they all are comfortable with their roles
Foggy Burma war stories are hilarious "they wanted me to run their kingdom but I had a job waiting with the gas board"
The women all sitting around drinking and Edie telling Glenda to drink her coffee and then choking on it when she mentions Barry doing something interpreted as being slightly dubious
"She's very young"
"She's no right being young"

Then you have Howard Pearl, Marina , Auntie Wainwright selling people utter tat and Eli crashing into things.

Has to be the best era

imitation700mb

Well, I liked Foggy's first stint in the show. And my favourite characters were Sid and Wally, so really anything between the start of series 3 and the end of series 8. They also include two of my all time favourite episodes, "The Mysterious Feet of Nora Batty", for that wonderful little scene between Nora and Wally in their kitchen, and "Wellies to Wet Suit" because that was the first episode I really found funny and really made me laugh.

And you're not the only ones. I've got no like button either. I could do with one during the reading of this thread.

Last edited:

BoraNatty

There's an episode i don't know the name but Nora is out buying a new suit with Wally and she is repeating exactly what the tailor is saying to her husband word for word... it is very funny indeed

Pearl

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's an episode i don't know the name but Nora is out buying a new suit with Wally and she is repeating exactly what the tailor is saying to her husband word for word... it is very funny indeed
Who's Looking After the Cafe Then? Series 8 episode 6