What’s your favorite season?

Does anyone prefer any series beyond s20?????? Looks like the earlier ones are most popular by a country mile!
While I don't prefer it over the earlier years, I love a lot of Series 21-28, especially the early episodes with Billy as a regular character. Entwistle's first episodes were really strong too. It seemed there were a lot of great storylines when these characters were first introduced. Truly is my favorite character of them all.

However, Series 8-11, is still my favorite era although this time around on my public television, I am especially enjoying the early years (particularly Series 3).

I'd be hard picked to choose either series 14 or 17. Both are really good series and have some great episodes. Any series (except 13) in Foggy's second run are great and throughly enjoyable. Series 11 with Seymour would be a close second though.

I agree entirely, I particularly find Ivy most annoying when she was screeching through the early episodes
Our US Cable channel, WETA- UK, has suddenly returned to the very beginning of the show.....how, talk about "lightning and thunder" with Sid and Ivy back then!

I don't mind that, as Ivy was always one of my favorites. (Jane Freeman never got enough credit)

I have previously spoken about this topic a few times, claiming season 8-11 (with the very beginning of season 12) as my favorite era.

There is always something special about the start of Series 8, Mysterious Feet and Keeping Britain Tidy! That combination can't be beaten! It is also the peak of Wally and Nora!

I'm going to have to say season 6. All of the characters seem to be especially well developed, and events that represent each of the characters leading characteristics are present. Foggy's need to be useful, Compo's love for Nora, Clegg's fear of secondhand shops, the absolute madness of From Wellies to Wetsuit. Wesley arrives, Sid is still there. There are a few rare deeper moments in that season. Foggy talking about his mother in Wellies to Wetsuit, Clegg referencing the War in Whoops.
Now if only All Mod Conned could have snuck into the end of season 6 instead of the start of season 7.

Back