The Summerwine.net music thread

Still touring John , come to Newcastle quite often, well pre pandemic, hope they'll be back soon. I was out last time they were on I was in a pub near the venue atmosphere was incredible and the sheer number of fans around about is testimony to their popularity.

If you get the chance go and see XSLF with Henry Cluney and (sometimes) Jim Reilly. I’ve seen them a couple of times and Jim solo belting out the old and some new songs.

I know the Stones celebrate 50 years for release of Exile on Main Street but it's the same for Deep Purple's Machine Head so here's a video of the first track from that great album [the other famous song from the album Smoke on the Water was banned by my local guitar shop from being played by prospective guitar purchasers and people looking to try out expensive guitars strike up the notes and you were asked to leave]

Lots of people liberally use the word Cool to describe musicians its a word I dislike intensely but I cannot think of a better word to describe one of the greatest sax players ever Mr Eddie Harris . Definitely a relaxing Sunday morning sound . I apologise this is a static photo video but its all about the music.

Back