Series 25 & 26 DVD on the Way?

Re: Series 25 & 26 DVD on the Way?

Have people forgotten the 3 year gap between the release of series 3 and 4 and series 5 and 6?

23 and 24 was released on 23rd April 2012, the 25 and 26 was put onto amazon on 30th August 2012 but even now still no release date

The Green Green Grass series 4 is being released in September, over four years after the series 3 DVD was released, so hopefully the next Summer Wine series will be released eventually.

everyone - I commented on the Amazon picture for series 25 &26 box set and I have just received an email because someone commented on my own comment - apparently they sent an email to the DVD people and it will be released later this year!!! :)

Thank you for that, wonder if it will around Xmas?

Thats great news pauline if its true, lets hope it is, once theres a release date then i will do my normal review on there about the episode, although will have to state im not in the know cause my amazon review has been put onto other websites and was even used in part on the BVA website

Thats great news pauline if its true, lets hope it is, once theres a release date then i will do my normal review on there about the episode, although will have to state im not in the know cause my amazon review has been put onto other websites and was even used in part on the BVA website

Apparently universal sent this person an emil so fingers crossed and you're probably right, Susan it'll probably be here for Chistmas

A wee bit browsing on the Amazon site took me to Comedy UK and there I found statement that Series 25 & 26 (so-called) will released on 31st December 2013 along with Series 27 and 28 DVD. I will not be holding my breath.

http://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/tv/last_of_the_summer_wine/buy/

I wouldn't read to much into that Big Unc, the 31st of December of that year is a holding date for dvds planned but with no release date, also the 31st this year is a Tuesday and as we know dvds are released in the UK on a Monday, so I wouldn't take the comedy UK page as definite proof and ignore the people on amazon who say they know the release date cause its on that site, really they have no idea like the rest of us

I wouldn't read to much into that Big Unc, the 31st of December of that year is a holding date for dvds planned but with no release date, also the 31st this year is a Tuesday and as we know dvds are released in the UK on a Monday, so I wouldn't take the comedy UK page as definite proof and ignore the people on amazon who say they know the release date cause its on that site, really they have no idea like the rest of us

You obviously did not see that I said I would not be holding my breath.

I did notice that, all I was saying was it's not correct information so everyone who is on this site knows that, I don't want people getting there hopes up when it's clear no one on here knows what is going on with the dvd releases

I've lost faith in having a complete collection at this point. I've emailed, tweeted,whatever Universal UK several times inquiring about the DVDs. Not once have I ever received a response [Not even a canned generic one]

I've lost faith in having a complete collection at this point. I've emailed, tweeted,whatever Universal UK several times inquiring about the DVDs. Not once have I ever received a response [Not even a canned generic one]

Very Bad customer service,and they wonder why iffy copies are floating around the net

there lack of communication does make you think is there a problem with playback, they also haven't posted anything on there facebook page since may so maybe theres a problem and that's why no sign of the dvds

Very Bad customer service,and they wonder why iffy copies are floating around the net

Yes. It is bad. I wouldn't have minded one of those generic responses. It meant somebody actually received it.

there lack of communication does make you think is there a problem with playback, they also haven't posted anything on there facebook page since may so maybe theres a problem and that's why no sign of the dvds

According to the HMV I got the last sets from Playback was having problems even then. I was hoping it would have been resolved by now.

According to the HMV I got the last sets from Playback was having problems even then. I was hoping it would have been resolved by now.

Are we talking some form of technical problem here?

I've lost faith in having a complete collection at this point.

I have a complete collection, and only the oaf-ficial discs so
far provided. Get trading and downloading before it's too late.
You CAN get all the episodes!

Several of us have bought and traded un-oaf-ficial episode
collections over the years.

And a disk of AVI files plays better and starts faster than the
BBC dics.

chuck

Back