Series 25 & 26 DVD on the Way?

Re: Series 25 & 26 DVD on the Way?

What other comedy series can you recommend?

I have the "Are You Being Served?" full series of episodes. They were my favorite British comedy show, that is until I discovered the Summer Wine magic 5 years ago. :D I still love them, but they had to take second place.

Yes, me too, love Are You Being Served. Don't have the set yet tho. They show it on PBS often enough

I also like Keeping Up Appearances, The Good Life (Felicity Kendall is such a cutie), Red Dwarf, Open All Hours, On The Buses, etc.

by the way, what happened to 1984 and 1994 . . didn't they film?

Not sure why you have picked only 1984 and 1994. As someone else pointed out they were not non-filming years but non-broadcast years. But there were others. There was a two year gap in screening between 1979 and 1982. Only in the latter years from 1997 to 2010 was a series screened every year. I know that in the early years some of Roy Clarke's time was taken up with "Open All Hours"

To be pedantic, new shows were screened in 1981 and 1984 - Christmas specials Whoops and The Loxley Lozenge.

Between 1972 and 2010, 1980 was the only year not to show any new programmes. No programmes were made in 1980 either.

To be pedantic, new shows were screened in 1981 and 1984 - Christmas specials Whoops and The Loxley Lozenge.

Between 1972 and 2010, 1980 was the only year not to show any new programmes. No programmes were made in 1980 either.

you also forgot 1974 there was no new episodes shown on tv that year either, although they were filming that year (series 2), likewise 1994 no new shows were shown that year but they were filming (1995 new year special and series 16) but when you think 3 years out of 37 no new shows being shown that isn't a bad record is it

Maybe continuing on the pedantic path, I wonder how much is confusion between filming and screening. I do not know if '1972' is a typo - the pilot was screened in 1973 (early in that year, I admit). I can find nothing screened in 1974.

There is, of course, a tendency to get hung up on the calendar year. Yes, 1980 was one year not to show any new programmes but there was, in fact a two year gap, from 12/79 to 12/81.

'Loxley Lozenge' got mentioned as being screened in 1984 (just). But that was after a one year gap from 12/83 to 12/84. And 'Loxley Lozenge' was patently part of the 1985 series as much discussed - screening it early put the 1985 series out of sequence. A lot of the Specials, as we know, were inherently episodes from the series which followed.

And I can find no sign of a screening in 1994.

Yes, I made a mistake. Got mixed up between episodes being made and episodes being screened.

The pilot was made in 1972 and shown in 1973.

I meant between 1972 and 2009, 1980 was the only year no new shows were MADE.

Last series was made in 2009, shown in 2010 - though I don't know if they were still editing it all together in 2010.

Hopefully I've got this right now!

I also like Keeping Up Appearances, The Good Life (Felicity Kendall is such a cutie), Red Dwarf, Open All Hours, On The Buses, etc.

yes, Ron, I have The Good Life series and Open All Hours. I don't know On The Buses though. and thank you to the others for clearing up filming and screening years . . be assured it is read .

Yes, I made a mistake. Got mixed up between episodes being made and episodes being screened.

Last series was made in 2009, shown in 2010 - though I don't know if they were still editing it all together in 2010.

there wasn't any new episodes made in 1975 either although some were shown on tv

they finished editing the episodes of series 31 by December 2009 cause I think the original plan was a jan/feb start then it was moved to easter and after it was moved from easter there was the unofficial comfirmation of the axe and then the official confirmation of the axe and then the july start for the final series

there wasn't any new episodes made in 1975 either although some were shown on tv

they finished editing the episodes of series 31 by December 2009 cause I think the original plan was a jan/feb start then it was moved to easter and after it was moved from easter there was the unofficial comfirmation of the axe and then the official confirmation of the axe and then the july start for the final series

I believe the exterior shots at least of Series 2 were made in 74, not sure about the interiors, though the programmes are copyrighted for 1975.

Thinking I'm getting this a bit wrong!

The main point I was trying to make was 1980 was the only year where there were no new episodes either made or screened.

Thanks for putting me right all.

I remember seeing a ticket on ebay from series 2 for the interior and im sure it said 1974 but not 100% sure, but your right about 1980 being the only year nothing happened to do with the show which isn't bad when you think about it

Got lost, couldn't find the forum, computer throwing wobblies left, right and centre and then work went berserk. BUT, kill the fatted calf. I is back. Nice to know you missed me BigBro. Grumpy

I enjoyed her in Rosemary and Thyme. Ms. Kendall has aged quite well IMO.

Not sure from previous comment if this will happen but one thing I like about this website is that it tells it like it is and makes it clear what you are getting:

"Due to an earlier discrepancy in series ordering, this box set includes the 24th and 25th series of the world's longest-running sitcom, Last Of The Summer Wine.

These two series were first broadcast by BBC One in 2003 and 2004."

they've been on that site for the last few months and i've mentioned it in the past and doubt it's the proper release date, also if you look at what else is supposedly released on the 31st December is the Harry Enfield set which is postponed and no sign of a release date either so looks like Summer Wine is the same although I suppose with that information they have read my reviews of the other sets on amazon about the series numbering

The series needs a new label for DVD realeses . It seems pretty clear that playback have no intention of bringing out the next box set. The label that FOTSW was on would have been better at least we might have had it.

Back