Series 25 & 26 DVD on the Way?

Noticed on Amazon that the correct cover picture for the new box set is now up.

Good stuff. I`m almost starting to believe that it really will be released. :)

Nice to see Burt Kwouk appearing on the cover as well as I think Entwistle was a cracking character.

Just a wee bit ramble and this seemed as good a thread as any. I was looking for a semi-recent thread commenting on the improvement in colour quality on the show at some point but I cannot find it.

I recently happened to view episodes on the Series 21 & 22 DVD, which we all know actually contains Series 20 & 21. Cannot now recall why I visited that series. I was again struck by how poor is the quality of some passages in episodes.

I have not got around to checking on the later Series 23 & 24 DVD (Series 22 & 23 in real money). Can anyone comment on the quality of that?

Anyway I went to Amazon to check on some of the comments about the poor quality of the Series 21 & 22 DVD and in the process stumbled on a reference to Series 27 & 28 DVD - the one after that due out imminently at end of this month. I quote:

"Last Of The Summer Wine News From Universal UK 2014
By Mr. S. Galbraith on 14 Jan 2014
Format: DVD We are happy to let you know we have just signed a new deal with the BBC which will enable us to continue releasing the rest of the missing series of Last of the Summer Wine.
We expect to release the next 2 Seasons in the second quarter of 2014 though no exact date as yet is confirmed.
Kind regards Universal UK

Great News For Last Of The Summer Wine fans Last of the Summer Wine - Series 25 & 26 & Last of the Summer Wine - Series 27 & 28 coming this year"

But, of course, as in all related matters, don't hold your breath.

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:​

Anyway I went to Amazon to check on some of the comments about the poor quality of the Series 21 & 22 DVD and in the process stumbled on a reference to Series 27 & 28 DVD - the one after that due out imminently at end of this month. I quote:

"Last Of The Summer Wine News From Universal UK 2014
By Mr. S. Galbraith on 14 Jan 2014
Format: DVD We are happy to let you know we have just signed a new deal with the BBC which will enable us to continue releasing the rest of the missing series of Last of the Summer Wine.
We expect to release the next 2 Seasons in the second quarter of 2014 though no exact date as yet is confirmed.
Kind regards Universal UK

Great News For Last Of The Summer Wine fans Last of the Summer Wine - Series 25 & 26 & Last of the Summer Wine - Series 27 & 28 coming this year"

But, of course, as in all related matters, don't hold your breath.

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:​

If it's for real, WOW!!!:biggrin:

I'll be checking Amazon UK periodically for an opportunity to pre-order Series 27-28. Eagerly anticipating the delivery of 25-26 shortly after my return from England.

Marianna

Back