Series 25 & 26 DVD on the Way?

Re: Series 25 & 26 DVD on the Way?

FINALLY!!!!! Take a look at this, guys, from Amazon

By Floral splash

Hello all!
I went to see the comedy uk pages as one person said that there was information regarding the releasing of Last of the Summer Wine series 25&26 and 27&28.
These are available to pre- order now!! It must mean that they are going to be released on 31 Dec.
I do hope that this is true!! Have waited these so long. Let's see how long do we have to wait the final seasons!

By Floral splash

Hello all!
I went to see the comedy uk pages as one person said that there was information regarding the releasing of Last of the Summer Wine series 25&26 and 27&28.
These are available to pre- order now!! It must mean that they are going to be released on 31 Dec.
I do hope that this is true!! Have waited these so long. Let's see how long do we have to wait the final seasons!

I wouldn't read to much into that Pauline, the 31st isn't a Monday when a dvd is normally released and the 31st is a favourite holding date by dvd companys for dvds they don't know when they are going to release, no matter what anyone says on amazon no one really knows when there being released at the moment apart from maybe playback themselves

By Floral splash

Hello all!

I wouldn't read to much into that Pauline, the 31st isn't a Monday when a dvd is normally released and the 31st is a favourite holding date by dvd companys for dvds they don't know when they are going to release, no matter what anyone says on amazon no one really knows when there being released at the moment apart from maybe playback themselves

Damn!! sorry, for getting everyone excited. I just thought.......

well were all anxious for this release and the other 6 series as well as these 2 that we will take any bit of information that we think will get them nearer to actually being played in our dvd players

true. could this by why Drama is showing them at the moment do you think? you know so we can tape them and keep them?

true. could this by why Drama is showing them at the moment do you think? you know so we can tape them and keep them?

I think drama have just chosen a point to start from doesn't matter where cause they will all get shown on that channel eventually

So, do you think we can try to pre-order or not? I am a disgruntled American . . . lol.

I live in Mobile, Al. and I would pay someone here in the U.S. $5 for any or every series they would burn a copy of for me. I have 4 2-disc sets as of now, but I just can't afford full retail to buy more. I'm working 2 jobs as it is just to pay all my bills.
If anyone is interested, just send me a personal message. Thanks

Ron

I live in Mobile, Al. and I would pay someone here in the U.S. $5 for any or every series they would burn a copy of for me.

Something to think about. Some years ago on a now-quiet
yahoo group, I sometimes packed up a selection of SW DVD
copies and sent them to a mailing list. First person copied them
and then forwarded my copies to the next on the list. And
so on. Eight to twelve members got free copies and the
last on the list kept my copies. Worked a treat.

by the way, what happened to 1984 and 1994 . . didn't they film?

yes they did film but they were shown in 1985 and 1995 respectively, normally they filmed in the spring/summer of the year and depending on when the bbc wanted to show the show it was either the autumn or the following new year

thank you for that. may I ask another question. In "Go With The Flow" what is the meaning behind Compo shouting 180!! in front of the statue with daggers in it. Is that an important saint? I know St. George is, but I don't know this story.

thank you for that. may I ask another question. In "Go With The Flow" what is the meaning behind Compo shouting 180!! in front of the statue with daggers in it. Is that an important saint? I know St. George is, but I don't know this story.

180 is normally a term used in Darts,I suspect he looked at the daggers and likened it to a dart players score

180 is normally a term used in Darts,I suspect he looked at the daggers and likened it to a dart players score

May be more significant that 180 is the highest score possible from the standard three darts turn of a player (achieved by each dart going into the treble 20 slot - or "treble top"). In professional datrs on television there was/is a scorer whose voice would rise significantly when he announced "One hundred and eighty!"

Not sure why you have picked only 1984 and 1994. As someone else pointed out they were not non-filming years but non-broadcast years. But there were others. There was a two year gap in screening between 1979 and 1982. Only in the latter years from 1997 to 2010 was a series screened every year. I know that in the early years some of Roy Clarke's time was taken up with "Open All Hours"

I know that in the early years some of Roy Clarke's time was taken up with "Open All Hours"

you say that unc but the pilot of OAH was in 73 the same year as the LOTSW pilot, the first series of OAH was in 1976 the same year as LOTSW series 3 and then OAH's second series was in 81 and then the other few series was on the same years as LOTSW in the early 80's so I can't really see how Roy Clarke's time was taken up with OAH instead of LOTSW, I think the answer is more when the BBC wanted the series and didn't want the series (both of them I mean cause Roy Clarke was very talented and i'm sure able to write two series a year if needed)

Roy also penned The Growing Pains Of Pc Penrose and its sequel,and Potter during the first decade of LOTSW

Not sure why you have picked only 1984 and 1994. As someone else pointed out they were not non-filming years but non-broadcast years. But there were others. There was a two year gap in screening between 1979 and 1982. Only in the latter years from 1997 to 2010 was a series screened every year. I know that in the early years some of Roy Clarke's time was taken up with "Open All Hours"
lol. . .. I notice what I'm missing . . there are more I guess, but I don't like not having any available Compo years. . . .and btw, I have Open All Hours too.

Back