The Swan Man of Ilkley

I took these Monkey photos in November,theres only three of them here,and at the time I didn't have any Then photos,having watched In Which Gavin Hinchcliffe loses the Gulf Stream I was shocked all over again,still awaiting its demolition to make way for new housing,here's the Monkey Inn at Thurgoland.
Entwistle%20021_zpsvmrlhkqq.jpg
Low%20sun%20053_zpso6pgocpf.jpg

Thank's for showing the Monkey again. It is such a shame to see it now on screen it looked a really nice pub.

Pete,

. More fantastic shots , thank you so much for posting them . Re the Afterthoughts of a Coop Manager picture, as you say, they clearly just threw a couple of tables and a few chairs in the park , which is ironic , because in my personal view its one of the most poignant moments in all of the series . It shows how Roy Clarke can suddenly inject a moment of sheer pathos amongst all of the humour, with Clegg's admission that he no longer hated his former boss Illingworth because of his untold bravery in the combat of war which earned him the MC.

Pete,

. More fantastic shots , thank you so much for posting them . Re the Afterthoughts of a Coop Manager picture, as you say, they clearly just threw a couple of tables and a few chairs in the park , which is ironic , because in my personal view its one of the most poignant moments in all of the series . It shows how Roy Clarke can suddenly inject a moment of sheer pathos amongst all of the humour, with Clegg's admission that he no longer hated his former boss Illingworth because of his untold bravery in the combat of war which earned him the MC.
I know captain,I agree,I really like that series,I'v got it on dvd,if I remember right its also got the Swan Man on it and the McDonaghs of Jamieson street,two other episodes I really enjoy watching,I really like the four of Truly,Cleggy,Billy and Alvin as I'v said.Tonight I watched the McDonaghs episode and you are absolutely right in what you said and it clearly eases the workload of Peter enabling him to carry on,had you not mentioned that it would never have occurred to me,you're right as well in that a poignant moment like that and they've chosen an area of the park to put some tables down,I am certain that is the right spot,every single thing matched,I even counted the small windows in the bottom left house at the bottom of the street,thanks for your post,Pete.

Thank's for showing the Monkey again. It is such a shame to see it now on screen it looked a really nice pub.
I know gill,what a shame,you ought to see the youtube videos of the landlord,you would understand why it's like it is,I hope to be there when they knock it down,if not I'll go and take some photos of the rubble,take care,Pete x

That's the last of my photos from that walk,Thankyou everyone.When I go again will depend on the weather,work and situation at home,I have a long list of places I want to visit,with "Then" stills saved on my computer,if anyone has a building,location or scene that they would like to see now please tell me,and I will go photograph it.Tomorrow morning the site changes over and I'v not even tried to log onto it,when I come on this site my computer remembers my password and I'v not typed it in for well over a year and I'm not 100% sure what it is,so I hope I can get on tomorrow.Take care everyone.

Just experimenting and having a look around the site,the first time I'v been able to since we moved,I notice we now have a "Upload a File" option which we didn't have before,which allows me to go directly to my photos and not via photobucket,so just putting this photo up to see if it works,if it does work,its a photo of the Cafe' at Christmas at twilight.cafe xmas.jpg

Thank's for the photo Pete. It came out great.
Thanks gill :17:If the weathers as nice as they forecast (sunny but cold) I might have a walk up the hill opposite Howards at Jackson Bridge,or more likely a drive up it,you can park at the top,thats one of the nearest locations for me,and hopefully next week I'll get To Holmfirth and visit the secret meeting spot :) Take care,Pete x

Great photo Pete it would actually make a nice Christmas card for LOTSW fans and for the official Council Christmas card [if they still do such a thing] what better than the Cafe ,which alongside Nora's, is the town's biggest attraction . It is particularly appropriate as the Christmas decorations are nicely understated but just enough for someone to know it is Christmas.

Great photo Pete it would actually make a nice Christmas card for LOTSW fans and for the official Council Christmas card [if they still do such a thing] what better than the Cafe ,which alongside Nora's, is the town's biggest attraction . It is particularly appropriate as the Christmas decorations are nicely understated but just enough for someone to know it is Christmas.
Thanks captain,its a photo I never intended posting,I took it when I went to Holmfirth at Christmas,I was just passing the café at dusk and thought how nice it looked with the lights on,with just enough natural light to see the steps and pavement,it was the first I came across that I hadn't put up when I wanted to test the Upload File option,great to see it works which means we can now put photos on staying on this site,previously I had to return to photobucket and copy and paste every individual photo as I needed it then come back on here with it,it was very time consuming for someone like me who's not very good with computers,thanks again for the post.Still no news on the Monkey,the Landord/Artist sent his latest work of Art via Twitter and it is shocking and not fit to post on here,all the best.

Thanks gill :17:If the weathers as nice as they forecast (sunny but cold) I might have a walk up the hill opposite Howards at Jackson Bridge,or more likely a drive up it,you can park at the top,thats one of the nearest locations for me,and hopefully next week I'll get To Holmfirth and visit the secret meeting spot :) Take care,Pete x

Pete is this the secret place we spoke about

Most of the benches that we see in the show were put there for the filming,this is one of the permanent ones,it's on the hill you can see from Howards yard,you can drive up,I parked my car right next to the bench,it's on Scar Hole Lane at New Mill and the scene is from Ancient Eastern Wisdom:An Introduction
10th%20Feb%20002_zpsxozeyv1v.jpg
10th%20Feb%20013_zps9uaiunqo.jpg

Back