The Swan Man of Ilkley

I used to live close to a school in Yorkshire, and every holiday the builders would be there for one reason or another,maybe try going at the weekend in term time
That's a good idea Terry.Thankyou again for telling me where that location is that I'v searched years for,I will pick a lovely day in the summer to visit:)

Enjoying your pics, thanks Pete! As you mentioned they make great then and now comparisons. One day I would like to stand in some of those spots to see it in person.

Cheers,
Rick
Thanks Rick,and if you ever do come over and would like a guide,I would love to take you to some of the locations,many of which are well off the tourist trail:)

Hi Pete. Have you been watching any of the early summer wine episodes on tv this week? Like you say it is so interesting how the area has changed over 40 years. I do hope you are able to go for another walk soon and we can see some more of your lovely photographs. Take care. X

Hi Pete. Have you been watching any of the early summer wine episodes on tv this week? Like you say it is so interesting how the area has changed over 40 years. I do hope you are able to go for another walk soon and we can see some more of your lovely photographs. Take care. X
Hi gill,
Yes I have I'v loved watching them and already have three "Then" stills from them to add to my long list,I noticed too about them lighting up all the time,
I have loads of walks planned,and loads of "Then" stills and I really hope this spring and summer I can get out and take them,but I got accepted onto a course at Sheffield Hallam University (at 56 would you believe,today btw) to become a Paramedic Practitioner,which is a step above Paramedic,and several people who also got accepted have been receiving letters this week to start the course soon,knowing others that have done the course,I know for a fact for twelve months there will be no walks,every minute of my time will be studying and writing,I'll let you know when I hear my start date,plus I need to help my wife more,she is exhausted and is going to end up ill herself,
Take care,
Pete xx

Hi Pete that is great news about your course i'm so pleased for you I do hope it goes well. I'll look forward to your lovely photographs as and when you can take them. Meanwhile please take care. X

Thankyou:)I share the same birthday as the great Sir Bobby Robson.I once asked him to sign his book about managing England in the World Cup,instead of just signing it he sat down and wrote line after line and filled the page.Loved that man.

Happy Birthday Pete and congratulations on the course well deserved. I know you are dedicated to your work and how intense it must be . I personally don't know how you cope, like Gill you are to be admired for your chosen profession and deserve all the plaudits for what you do . If it makes you feel better you are only 38 in hexidecimal the basis for all things IT. Next year of course is big Heinz 57 , when it was my 57th all my works colleagues clubbed together and bought me every type of tinned bean and spaghetti Heinz manufacture so be warned. Enjoy your day.

Happy Birthday Pete and congratulations on the course well deserved. I know you are dedicated to your work and how intense it must be . I personally don't know how you cope, like Gill you are to be admired for your chosen profession and deserve all the plaudits for what you do . If it makes you feel better you are only 38 in hexidecimal the basis for all things IT. Next year of course is big Heinz 57 , when it was my 57th all my works colleagues clubbed together and bought me every type of tinned bean and spaghetti Heinz manufacture so be warned. Enjoy your day.
Haha,thanks capt.

Happy birthday Pete! And I hope your course goes well.
Thanks Marianna :)I havn't got a date to start the course yet,it's just that I know several who have been told this week their start dates,I worry though that too many brain cells have died and not been replaced:25:

One word — neuroplasticity. (And related to it, neurogenesis well into old age.)
Thanks Marianna,that gives me some confidence.I'v got five long early days to do now from tomorrow so won't be back on here till at least then,I'v been watching a few of the series 1 and 2 that have been on the tv this week and can't wait to get back to Holmfirth to show some of the changes,this morning I was watching Forked Lightning and everything looks so dingy,the Cafe' is painted brown,the library is painted brown,I had to re watch the scene where the two housewives are talking about Clegg and he appears round the corner injured from his bike mishap,I couldn't believe it was the corner of the library,everything looked so dirty and run down,and I don't mean the colours or filming,every Holmfirth scene was the same.See you all soon x

Hi Pete,

A late Happy Birthday to ya!

Congrats on the course. Thanks on the offer of showing me the sites over there. Hope to take you up on that someday. :)

Cheers,
Rick

Hi everyone,hope you are all well,this is a rare visit to the site for me at the moment,things are a bit hectic and tough,especially at home,I did though manage a short walk the other day,to Standage Tunnel at Marsden where they filmed The Heavily Reinforced Bottom,and others,because I'v not put any photos up of there I went prepared with a few stills from The Treasure of the Deep,which I hope to put up if I can,also took a few at Marsden and Holmfirth.May not be getting on much so sorry if I don't respond to anyone.In the summer I will be going to Scarborough and have some great stills from the guest house and the places they filmed,so will put them on,in the meantime,take care,Pete x

Compo,Cleggy and Seymour on the beautiful Eastergate Packhorse Bridge at Marsden,just a short walk from Standedge Tunnel,this bridge,along with Nora's,the Café and Aunties shop defines the show,and I cant believe there is no plaque or recognition of its association with the show on it or nearby.
Marsden%204-16%20011_zpso6lpk5vm.jpg
Marsden%204-16%20026_zpsidmmtuit.jpg

Back