The Swan Man of Ilkley

Great work Pete looks like you had a good time trekking with your camera, I have been to some of these places but due to walking problems have missed out on some you have located,well done

Great work Pete looks like you had a good time trekking with your camera, I have been to some of these places but due to walking problems have missed out on some you have located,well done
Thanks ever so much Terry,I love walking the locations,and think I may as well share them as some of them,as you say,involve a fair bit of trekking like A Brief Excursion in the Fast Lane,and Adopted By a Stray,yesterday wasn't bad though,you can park your car on Clough Foot Lane at Hade Edge and walk to the tree in 2 mins,then I drove to Ramsden Reservoir and the car park is literally ten yards from the picnic area,then I must admit I drove to Entwistles yard as its a fair walk up New Mill Road,it's clearly signed Holmfirth Fresh Fish,it's well off the main road,then I just drove into the Co-op car park at Holmfirth which is now only 90p for three hours,the longest I walked yesterday was from the Clough Foot stile and tree,to the ruined village,that took about 25 minutes,I had my eye on the time as they'd forecast heavy rain from 2pm,so was pleased I managed to fit all that in,and it did start raining,at 1.30 pm ! Thankyou again for your kind comments.

Have some more photos but Photobucket is down for maintainance,so will post them when I can,tonight or over the weekend x

Re Pete's comment about Alan Bell's view that the show would not work with a group of four but clearly it did during the Cleggy, Truly, Billy and Alvin . In my personal opinion it worked because Cleggy is not always with them ,which means a lot of the time they remain a group of three .My assumption is that with Peter Sallis's health issues it infers that he is not therefore pressurised into working possibly more than he is capable of [I think Frank Thornton seemed in much better health during the Billy years but I stand to be corrected] . The other bonus is of course , by reducing Peter's workload, it means our national treasure can continue to work on the show we love so much, which simply would not be that show without him . :)

Now heavily used by the farmer,this is the stile and gate just a short distance from the wall where Howard got strangled,I have my back to the tree and the specially built Summer Wine dry stone wall,the stile and gate is at the end of Clough Foot Lane at Hade Edge,from my car its no more than a two minute walk,and back up the hill towards Holmfirth,just a few hundred yards,is Barry and Glendas house,this is a scene from Welcome to Earth,
Entwistle%20005_zpsvvforklo.jpg
Entwistle%20027_zpsgog5kvt3.jpg

Just as you walk to the field from the stile this is the view you will see,much as it was then,for Welcome to Earth they built a fake large stone circle.
Entwistle%20006_zps9ftgzcez.jpg
Entwistle%20033_zpsxid54qpx.jpg

I have some more,but I'll stick with two more from Welcome to Earth,this is Compo sat on a large rock in the fake stone circle with Holme Styes Reservour behind,you can see the sloping path at the far side is still there where you can take a lovely walk.There are no rocks or boulders at all in these fields.
Entwistle%20007_zpsn7sy3mj6.jpg
Entwistle%20032_zpszfnxjslt.jpg

Foggy,Compo and Clegg,in the field above Holme Styes Reservoir,Hade Edge,in a scene from Welcome to Earth.
Entwistle%20008_zpsmwq1ngpl.jpg
Entwistle%20031_zpsg1mnfdcc.jpg

Really enjoying seeing your lovely photos Pete, thank's for sharing.
Thanks Gill x.Don't forget if you ever manage to get that break up here I want to take you to some of the hidden iconic locations that are off the tourist trail,and that goes for anyone on here who is visiting and needs a half day guide,I'm not only cheap I'm free :)
I was thinking of a little walk tomorrow,and I'm not on facebook but I'm on Twitter as I follow all the news and sports teams as it is the quickest way of getting news,and @Holmfirthevents have just put a video on taken right now of the snow and gales at Hade Edge,having viewed it I don't think I'll bother with the walk.

For a complete change of scenery this is Howard dressed as Elvis in All that Glitters is not Elvis,stood outside the library,which is really Holmfirth Methodist Church which is on Market street beside the Co-op car park,and next to the River Holme and the duck path with the Full Magnetism tree.
Entwistle%20014_zpsbpfxbqb9.jpg
Entwistle%20050_zpsacql1hzq.jpg

Hi Pete that would be lovely. If I ever manage to get up to Holmfirth I would love to go for a walk to see all the different location's. It is raining and very windy down here today take care.x

Hi Pete that would be lovely. If I ever manage to get up to Holmfirth I would love to go for a walk to see all the different location's. It is raining and very windy down here today take care.x
That's a date then,all these photos were taken at Hade Edge which is 1.5 miles from the centre of Holmfirth,the previous lot of photos were all taken at Tinkers which is the hill you can see from Howards yard and is just over 3 miles from Holmfirth,if you know where to go,a 30 minute walk there and you would recognise everywhere,you would feel like you were in an episode,then there is Marsden which is only about 4 or 5 miles,with Aunties shop and the old Packhorse bridge.You're spoilt for choice really,you would love it x

This is Victoria Park in Holmfirth,while watching the scene from The Afterthoughts of a Co-op Manager,I recognised everything,even the white railing that was briefly in the shot where theres a little car park,and to make sure I had the right place I took half a dozen photos and at the park the area all matched,even checking how the houses in the background were set and counting the windows etc,its definitely the right area,but theres no bar or anything so I guess they have just put tables in the park and pints of beer to film the end credit scene.

Entwistle%20022_zpspv8axm9t.jpg
Entwistle%20051_zpsxk4jivoj.jpg

They returned to the picnic area at Ramsden Reservoir to film Of Passion and Pizza,I noticed the table that they were sat on wasn't there,it usually is,maybe it will reappear in the summer.
Entwistle%20016_zpsmpvyaa5v.jpg
Entwistle%20045_zps0tvs8hqz.jpg

Here's Nellie and Pearl hiding behind the wall that runs down from the stile on Clough Foot Lane at Hade Edge,they're spying on a fight,what they can see you will see next.From the excellent Enter the Finger.

Entwistle%20009_zpsbz7pende.jpg
Entwistle%20026_zps2xwlawye.jpg

There's a Fight,and it's on the field above Holme Styes Reservoir at Hade Edge.From Enter the Finger.
Entwistle%20011_zpslefvhth4.jpg
Entwistle%20028_zpsblptc7ph.jpg

Back