Sweets

I found a company called aquarterof that sells loads of the old sweets. I haven't put the full address up as I didn't know if it was allowed.

It's a real trip down memory lane, I can't find the black bubble gum though!!

I was browsing in a book in wh smiths today about classic sweets,lollys etc and came across somthing called Tiffin bars i think they were out in the late sixties does anybody remember them or what they tasted like :)

I think we can still buy Tiffin bars, Amos. Cadburys? I'm sure they're still out there. Are they the ones? Or is it a different make?

Do any of you remember Spangles. They were chewies????

The original Spangles were a boiled fruit sweet.

Don't they call them Sparkles now?

Why do they change the names? I still look for Opal Fruits and a Marathon! (Snickers is a silly name for a chocolate bar in my opinion, for what that is worth!)

Yeah i much prefered the name Opal fruits what name are they going to change next...the mars bar they should leave things alone.

Please read this carefully as you will be very pleased.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Two day ago on the bbc, there was a show called "nigel slater life is sweets" It is a documentary on sweets going back to when we were young. What memories it brought to me. I saw it as I was able to download it from "The Box". It mentioned sweets that we didn't mention in this thread. To look for it as I sadi you have to click on Documentries.

It was a good programme. I enjoy Nigel Slaters cooking shows. He's so pleased with flavours.

When I saw him suck through the liquorice that white sugary powder it reminded me of when young. Infact I am going to put it on a dvd and keep it. This is history.

I was really pleased when they showed the Aztec bar. It proved I wasn't going barmy and it was a real bar of chocolate. Not a figment of my imagination!

Yes remember those, I think you can still get Drifters, pretty sure theres one in a section box I bought!

How can you think of sweets with all the Christmas Cakes, Puddings, Mince pies etc all around you. But I won't say no to a box of Quality Street.

I profer the sweets to be honest Compo, don't mind a nice cream cake but I find Xmas cake a bit too liquorishy now adays :(

I use to make it and everyone liked it because it was really good and because it wasn't to fruity. Then I started buying them. It was hard to find a good one but once the one I got from M&S was quite good. you might not believe me but the cheaper ones are really good. Once I got one from Woolworths. Susan, the name isn't everything...

Back