Sweets

amos hames

Dedicated Member
Following on from my favourite crisps thread how about your favourite sweets when you were young.I used to like fizz bombs,Cola cubes sherbert in packets with a little lolly(i think you can still get these).Space dust which used to crackle when you put it on your tounge,Wham bars and rhubarb and custard sweets.
I also remember..
Pacers
Opel Fruits(now starburst)
Mojos and black jacks
My nephews like these chewy sweets called Moams? made by Haribo and fruitellas.
Can you remember your favourites or name any long gone brands.

ok, maybe one of you guys can help me here?

when i was a little girl, i remember going to a shop and each time i was given a lollipop that was brown on the top and white on the bottom.it was in a sort of longish dome shape, except..i cant for the life of me remember the brand name? somone?

i was born in 1982 if that helps any

no cos i bought a packet the other day - they werent round....... more like an n shape but longer.........sorry i cant think of another way to describe it

Used to like humbugs,refreshers,love hearts and tiny purple sweets,never knew what they were called though.More of a choc fan really

My nephews like these chewy sweets called Moams? made by Haribo and fruitellas.

It´s Maoam, Haribo is a German company and I grew up with these, though I liked a different brand even better, called Mamba. They were softer than Maoams back then, but by now the Maoams taste better than they used to, you can never stop until you had them all.
Generally I don´t eat many sweets. Any Haribo stuff is big over here, everybody loves some of it, from gum bears to liquorice or anything else.
Apart from Haribo stuff I remember I loved (and preferred) Bounty chocolate bars, or Snickers and Twix (or Raider as they were called then).

Spangles!

Yeah Rob they need to bring these back also i used to like fruit polos and was quite fond of sherbert fountains.The local Mace store in my town when i was younger did the biggest pick an mix section i have seen you chose what you want for a penny each and put them in a little white bag i seem to recall things like white chocolate mice.fruit salad chews.little round chocolate sweets with bobbles on i think they are called jazzles?.This store if i remember was also the first in my area to sell cherry flavour Coca Cola when it was launched they had a trial price of 10 pence a can and my brother and i bought loads of em....great days :)

All I can recall was the sweet cigarettes, so we could all pretend we were smoking at 8 years old,I wonder what year it was they became none PC

All I can recall was the sweet cigarettes, so we could all pretend we were smoking at 8 years old,I wonder what year it was they became none PC

I remember chocolate smoking sets.Chocolate shaped pipe,cigs,matches etc.

Apart from most of what has already been mentioned do's anyone remember penny bubble gum?? I was never without it as a youngster and had a good set of teeth till I stopped chewing it. Once I'd started work and it was not cool at the time to chew bubbly I gave it up. Seemed almost over night my teeth started disintegrating and soon the dentist was asking what had happened! ::) :-\

Spangles!

Perfect!

Opel Fruits(now starburst)

I pick my granddaughter up every day from school and always take her some sweets, I once tuck her Starburst and when she asked what I'd bought her I said Opel Fruits she looked at me has if I had 2 heads :)

I liked the miners gold in a little draw string bag.
The chocolate cigerets with the paper you could also eat.
Black Jacks and Fruit Salards.

I remember the penny chuwy my mother hated it so I had to hide.

I recall sweet cigarettes and the "chocolate" smoking sets - the problem was the chocolate was awful! It was really chocolate flavoured candy. Got one every year for Christmas!

I recall sweet cigarettes and the "chocolate" smoking sets - the problem was the chocolate was awful! It was really chocolate flavoured candy. Got one every year for Christmas!

I also rember sweet cigerettes they were white and you used to get football cards
with some or they had super heros on the packet like the amazing Spiderman.
Do tic tacs count as sweets?

Yes I remember those ones too with the cards ;D Very non PC now of cause.
And yes Tic Tac's count. I use to keep the tubes and save money in them :)

I think you can get three flavors of tic tacs now.I remember when they just orange flavour.

I think you can get the White mint on their own and the Orange and Lime in a split box these days. Do you remember the Red ones? You could get those when I was a kid, but not seen them for years.

Tictacs, yes, I used to love orange flavour tictacs when I was really small, they came in an orange box as well, but I can´t remember if the sweets were orange too or white.

Back