Sweets

Some more for you to ponder.
Topic bars
double dip
Drumsticks?Not sure if this is right i think they were or are a milk and raspberry lolly
I vaguly remember sweets called Nerds and also caramac bars.

Horlicks tablets
Tiger nuts
Flumps
Space Dust
Old penny, bars of Dairy Milk Chocolate (now 29 new pence)
Licorice pipes
Licorice Root
Walnut Whips with a nut inside as well as out

I could go on an on and on

Topic bars
double dip
Drumsticks?Not sure if this is right i think they were or are a milk and raspberry lolly

Caramac bars were lovely, one of my faves. You can get those again now Amos. No metal paper as the inside wrapping, but still red and yellow outer cover.
I reember Topic bars "a Hazelnut in every bite" and Drumsticks, they cae in a stripey wrapper, red, yellow and green I think, they were a lolly on a white stick, think the lolly was pink.
Double Dip? Was that the one where you had a sweet stick that you dipped into 2 sachets of flavoured powder, licked the powder and then ate the stick?

Was licorice root the same as "chewing wood"?? That tasted of licorice and we bought it from a "herbalist "in the next village. As I remember it he sold most things to do your digestion good and also sold a variety of penny sweets , cough drops etc. He also sold something called herbal tobacco that was popular with the older boys :eek: I was reminded of it in later years at some of the parties I got invited to!! ;)

Topic bars
double dip

Caramac bars were lovely, one of my faves. You can get those again now Amos. No metal paper as the inside wrapping, but still red and yellow outer cover.
I reember Topic bars "a Hazelnut in every bite" and Drumsticks, they cae in a stripey wrapper, red, yellow and green I think, they were a lolly on a white stick, think the lolly was pink.
Double Dip? Was that the one where you had a sweet stick that you dipped into 2 sachets of flavoured powder, licked the powder and then ate the stick?

Yeah Rob double dips were orange and strawberry flavour sherbert with a swizlestick which when you licked it you dipped it in the sherbert and it stuck to it i used to like these as well as love hearts and those little foam bananas.Chocolate buttons were nice but they had to be made by Cadbury.

Was licorice root the same as "chewing wood"?? That tasted of licorice and we bought it from a "herbalist "in the next village. As I remember it he sold most things to do your digestion good and also sold a variety of penny sweets , cough drops etc. He also sold something called herbal tobacco that was popular with the older boys :eek: I was reminded of it in later years at some of the parties I got invited to!! ;)

Yes that is licorice root. I must say that when I bought some at Beamish, it was pretty awful.

DID IT ACTUALLY TASTE AWFUL OR WAS IT NOT AS YOU REMEMBERED IT? :D :-\
SOME THINGS I LOVED AS A KID NOW TASTE AWFUL TO ME TOO ;)

Some more for you to recall

Star Bar
Drifter
Lion Bar and Double Deckers
Can you still get Curly Wurleys and Turkish delight?I never liked Bounty bars although all my friends did :)

Star Bar
Drifter
Can you still get Curly Wurleys and Turkish delight?I never liked Bounty bars although all my friends did :)

Yes you can still get Curly Wurleys and Turkish Delight.

You can still get Drumstickes too, I have some in my sweety jar for the kids. :)

Star Bar
Drifter

Yeah, you can still get all of those mate.
I liked Bounty bars, but preferred the Red wrapper to the Blue. Darker choc.

Walnut whips? We used to have competitions to get all the whip and the inner walnut(at the time) without going down the chocolate as far as everyone else. :p

I don't think anyone mentioned these but do any of you remember the Horlicks Sweets? I can't see those anymore...

Did anyone mention the good old standard Mars Bar.

Not sure they can be got now but did like Waggon Wheels at one time.

And as far as sweets are concerned still keen on Everton Mints.

Yeah unc you can still get wagon wheels my nephew loves them.

I don't think anyone mentioned these but do any of you remember the Horlicks Sweets? I can't see those anymore...

I think I said Horlicks Tablets, which was what I am used to call them, I loved them. And I forgot Violet Cashews. Most of these sweets are available in the open air museums and there is this wonderful sweet shop in Poole which does lots of them.

Yeah unc you can still get wagon wheels my nephew loves them.

They are about half the size now. I remember them being the size of a tea plate and a lot thicker as well.

Yeah, Wispas are nice, I always liked Aeros, they were a treat when I was a kid. I always liked Frys chocolate in the dark blue wrapper.

Back