June 201 ask onyx (John)

You're right Holly, it's too weird! Seeing as I'm easily embarrassed I'd probably pick Glenda, less chance of lipstick transfer :35:
I rarely drink tea these days. I drink coffee about 6 or 7 times daily and like most people I don't drink nearly enough water.

LOL Yeah, I forgot Marina's crazy! It's probably safer to go with Glenda if you're easily embarrassed.

Holly, you weren't around when Glenda's skirt came up! I showed up about the time the second round of Glenda's skirts came up!!!!

Let's face it Pearl. It will always be a topic the guys will talk about!:16:
I wish to state that Glenda skirt coming up had nowt to do with me!:eek:

But if I remember right, didn't you contribute a bit or am I thinking of Big UNC ..hmmm

See what I've missed again!! I did not mention Glenda's skirt :30: I'd sooner have mentioned the racing leathers :13: :35: COOOOOOO :p

Last question for the night. Do you go to the UK much,if so what have you visited there? What was your favorite part? Have you been to Holmfirth? If so, did you see any of the cast members of LOTSW?

Sorry 4 questions.
LOL

John, What does LOTSW mean to you personally? Does it remind you of specific family or friends,or remind you of simpler times?
It certainly reminds me of my dad who started me watching initially. The gentle nature of the series is reminiscent of simpler times which evokes nostalgia in all of us. Nostalgia though, colours our view of life back say when the programme first began. Washtubs and mangles are all very well but who would want to use one nowadays. It would be a brave man that would produce a washboard to someone like...oh I don't know, say someone like Pearl for instance....:me:

Last question for the night. Do you go to the UK much,if so what have you visited there? What was your favorite part? Have you been to Holmfirth? If so, did you see any of the cast members of LOTSW?

Sorry 4 questions.
LOL
The nearest to mainland UK I've ever been was The Isle of Man about 15 years ago on a weekend trip.I still intend making the trip to Holmfirth but there are things that make that very difficult at the moment but it's still in the pipeline :)

John :D

If you could insert yourself in the show has a new character where you like to fit in?
Which era would you choose?
What you call yourself?
And how would your character interact with the other characters?

John :D

If you could insert yourself in the show has a new character where you like to fit in?
Which era would you choose?
What you call yourself?
And how would your character interact with the other characters?

Another doozie Pearl. Firstly would I like to be in at the very start, I think I would get on better with Blanmire than with Foggy. The trio would have to become a foursome because I would have to be with them, walking the hills and calling in the cafe and generally idling about with them. I would share some homespun philosophy regularly with Clegg and would help Compo make mischief to pass the days away. I would probably tip toe past Pearl's house always and never, ever climb Nora's steps except maybe just once if Compo was to insist I do it as dare or a rite of passage. I would look forward to having a tea and a curranty bun and meeting Sid at the cafe each day and always sit facing the counter, never turning my back on Ivy.. My name would be Jack Guinness and would be called Jacko by the lads, although occasionally Compo would refer to me as Arthur and to Ivy I would be known simply as "the fourth idiot.":35:

Back