June 201 ask onyx (John)

Good job I didn't post the pic, you may have been scarred for life :eek: :eek:

I googled , didn't know what it was. I had somewhat of a visual picture in my head, but the shoulder thing , really? Why would anyone on earth wear something like that!

I think I'm gonna puke fits!:'(

Could not find an answer? Skipped or am I getting old? Thought I would re post.
Sorry Brenda my bad, I missed that one. Other than a few books, Fading into the Limelight, From the Director's Chair and The Finest Vintage I don't have very much. I'm not all that interested in memorabilia. The only item I've thought about buying is a porcelain type model of Sid's Cafe. That is one thing I would like to have:16:

Well John, nearly there :D You've just about come through unscathed, a couple of months therapy and you'll right as rain. :D

How was it for?

Did you get any question you weren't expecting ?

Did you not get any you were expecting?

Well John, nearly there :D You've just about come through unscathed, a couple of months therapy and you'll right as rain. :D

How was it for?

Did you get any question you weren't expecting ?

Did you not get any you were expecting?
Its been good Pearl. The fact that others had gone before me gave me a good idea what to expect. I had a completely open mind starting off so there were no questions that surprised me all that much, except maybe for a few of your 'curvy' ones:16: So for anyone thinking about volunteering to go next I would say go for it, I'm sure you'll do fine and like me you may even learn a few things about yourself along the way:21:

What have you learned about yourself? Inquiring minds want to know! :)
Well before I started I wasn't sure that I wouldn't be fazed by certain questions and that I might not be able to, or not be comfortable answering. I found that was easier than I thought, although Pearl will probably take that as a challenge and try to knock me out of the park in the few remaining days! Only kidding Mabel:35:. Sharing with friends is always healthy, even in this virtual environment :16:

Well before I started I wasn't sure that I wouldn't be fazed by certain questions and that I might not be able to, or not be comfortable answering. I found that was easier than I thought, although Pearl will probably take that as a challenge and try to knock me out of the park in the few remaining days! Only kidding Mabel:35:. Sharing with friends is always healthy, even in this virtual environment :16:

:16:

Definitely sounds like a form of catharsis, which is often beneficial. However it probably means you do find out more about yourself in the process (reminds me of the Johari Window approach to self awareness).

John :D

If you could swop the married couples in the show around who would put with who and why?

You can swop a married one with bachelor if you like just to make things easier for you :35:

If you could swop the married couples in the show around who would put with who and why?

You can swop a married one with bachelor if you like just to make things easier for you :35:
Sorry Pearl, I've read this back and realise I haven't answered just as you asked but hell I aint doing it again:16:

Pearl and Sid would be an interesting pairing. I would have them living beside Clegg and have Sid getting more involved with the trio, Stealing off to the pub or the cafe with the lads where he would be constantly flirting with Ivy, the woman he should have married it the first place:confused:. But unfortunately Ivy would only have eyes for her toyboy husband Barry who loves her dearly, but is glad to get away from his hen pecked environment to his building society job where his secretary Glenda would always lend a sympathetic ear.
Wesley and Nora would live next door to Compo and unlike the cordial relationship we know existed between Wally and Compo, there would always be friction between Wesley and Compo, Wesley being constantly agitated by Compo's overt advances to his wife. Nora would play on this when she wanted to annoy Wesley and pretend to reciprocate.
Lastly I'd match Howard with Marina, it would be interesting to see how much domesticity would knock the edge off the terminal romance that had endured between them.

Sorry Pearl, I've read this back and realise I haven't answered just as you asked but hell I aint doing it again:16:

Pearl and Sid would be an interesting pairing. I would have them living beside Clegg and have Sid getting more involved with the trio, Stealing off to the pub or the cafe with the lads where he would be constantly flirting with Ivy, the woman he should have married it the first place:confused:. But unfortunately Ivy would only have eyes for her toyboy husband Barry who loves her dearly, but is glad to get away from his hen pecked environment to his building society job where his secretary Glenda would always lend a sympathetic ear.
Wesley and Nora would live next door to Compo and unlike the cordial relationship we know existed between Wally and Compo, there would always be friction between Wesley and Compo, Wesley being constantly agitated by Compo's overt advances to his wife. Nora would play on this when she wanted to annoy Wesley and pretend to reciprocate.
Lastly I'd match Howard with Marina, it would be interesting to see how much domesticity would knock the edge off the terminal romance that had endured between them.

OI...Do it again!!! :mad:

Ivy and Barry? Really? Wow..... One has to wonder what goes on in that pretty little head of yours :13:

I never thought of Ivy as a Mrs Robinson :35: Would Glenda and Berry be the new Howard and Marina?

Wish you could have gotten that idea to Roy Clarke & Alan Bell years ago. It would have made a real interesting dream segment.

Last one :16:

So Roy Clark comes to you and says " John, mate! I'm stuck!! Can you help me? I need a script that involves a turnip, a caravan, a bottle of lubricating oil and a pillow case."

How would you tackle that?

( Yes this is revenge for last night :12::12:)

Last one :16:

So Roy Clark comes to you and says " John, mate! I'm stuck!! Can you help me? I need a script that involves a turnip, a caravan, a bottle of lubricating oil and a pillow case."

How would you tackle that?

( Yes this is revenge for last night :12::12:)
Revenge, what did I do !?!

Back