June 201 ask onyx (John)

Poor Pearl. I know how you feel.

John, if you were dropped on a desert island and they gave you a choice of three items/people you could take with you, what or whom would it be?

Beth, who or what you take?

I would have to find someone who could catch my fish. I am not good at fishing. I talk too much.

I've sacked my chief cook and bottle washer this week :wink: The damn fool kept going to bed and leaving pots in the sink .:wink: Have you slipped into any bad habits lately??:35:

I've sacked my chief cook and bottle washer this week :wink: The damn fool kept going to bed and leaving pots in the sink .:wink: Have you slipped into any bad habits lately??:35:
There was a time when the sink would be piled high with plates and pots but these days I never ever let them accumulate, almost to the point of being 'OCD' about them. The rest of the house is usually in reasonably clean condition but it would never pass 'The Ladies test'! I have this habit of picking up a duster or cloth when certain people call and I don't even realise I'm doing it, some sort of latent guilt maybe. I'm then embarrassed when I get reminded of what I'm doing:-[:-[

I've developed a hate figure on an advert...Its the smug flaming woman that wont let her husband take her on a Warner's Hotel holiday. She makes me angry because she always shuts him up quickly.:30: Have you any similar hates on adverts?? :(

I've developed a hate figure on an advert...Its the smug flaming woman that wont let her husband take her on a Warner's Hotel holiday. She makes me angry because she always shuts him up quickly.:30: Have you any similar hates on adverts?? :(
I know those ads Dick, that woman needs a slap in the mush with a wet fish! but this here pretentious prat needs to be hit with the whole trawler. Saints preserve us! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XXnVqFtGB4

Last edited:
There was a time when the sink would be piled high with plates and pots but these days I never ever let them accumulate, almost to the point of being 'OCD' about them. The rest of the house is usually in reasonably clean condition but it would never pass 'The Ladies test'! I have this habit of picking up a duster or cloth when certain people call and I don't even realise I'm doing it, some sort of latent guilt maybe. I'm then embarrassed when I get reminded of what I'm doing:-[:-[

Whats a "Ladies Test" ?

Sounds like something we'd need to buy in a chemist!

Whats a "Ladies Test" ?

Sounds like something we'd need to buy in a chemist!
I mean the coffee morning ladies, and what you buy from the Chemist is your own business Penelope. You know we'll stick by you no matter what...:whisper:

Don't worry about it, John. I try to behave like a lady, and my house wouldn't ever get the Seal of Approval, either.

Marianna
I am afraid mine wouldn't either. I have those darn dust bunnies reproducing under my couch right now. Confession is good for the soul. ;)

I mean the coffee morning ladies, and what you buy from the Chemist is your own business Penelope. You know we'll stick by you no matter what...:whisper:

I have no idea to what you are referring ???

My sons idea of tidy is everything under the bed doesn't count and if there is no room left under the bed under a pillow or inside the quilt cover will do.

I have no idea to what you are referring ???

My sons idea of tidy is everything under the bed doesn't count and if there is no room left under the bed under a pillow or inside the quilt cover will do.
I used to to do the same but there's a solid base to the bed now so that ship won't float any more:20:

Back