Why is PC determined to destroy the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I also have first hand experience of this issue, I'm a director of a local SME and our legal consultants have written to us to inform us we must seriously consider providing gender neutral toilets in addition to the ladies/gents
It's not that long ago when the thought of woman voting was classed as immoral, luckily that's changed to.
[/QUOTE]
A legal minefield and companies will be held to ransom.

There are only two genders,male and female.

My personal concern is that we seem to be having to change rather than the various minority interested parties.
They have the media on their side and any attempt to explain the way the majority of us feel leads to ordinary people being tarred as racist,sexist or rabid right wingers.

Not long ago a trans gender man/woman won a compensation case by saying that they were a child when they received gender suppresant treatment at their own request and that they should not have been listened to or taken so seriously as they had not developed enough mentally to know their own mind !

Traditional values with compassionate help for others is my personal opinion.

Ironically, I was just watching Harry Enfield's 'Women, know your limits', about the inferiority of women. I don't think it can be shown now.

The Navajo believed in 4 genders, they've been around a lot longer them we have, we're all mongrals so maybe they know more than us.

The Navajo believed in 4 genders, they've been around a lot longer them we have, we're all mongrals so maybe they know more than us.

Then of course there is a book called the Bible which says
” So God created mankind in his own image,in the image of God he created them;Male and Female he created them”

So to be more tolerant of peoples wishes we have two sex’s but can have four toilets; Male,Female,Trans and non-binary.

Then of course there is a book called the Bible which says
” So God created mankind in his own image,in the image of God he created them;Male and Female he created them”

So to be more tolerant of peoples wishes we have two sex’s but can have four toilets; Male,Female,Trans and non-binary.
We tend to stay away from religion on the forum. We have many faith's here and all welcome even the heathen nonebelivers.

We tend to stay away from religion on the forum. We have many faith's here and all welcome even the heathen nonebelivers.

But it was you how brought up Religion/Belief systems by mentioning the Navajo.

Getting back to PC,do you think that LOTSW could be made now with three white men in the leading roles ? I think not.

I'm not here for an argument bu was hopeful that free speech still existed.

Vic

Well they did throw in Kriss Acabussi as a milkman (sorry, milkperson), so they made a start with diversity before it was even thought of!

Ironically, I was just watching Harry Enfield's 'Women, know your limits', about the inferiority of women. I don't think it can be shown now.

Presumably that sketch was satire? Arguably what can be shown now is anything that denigrates men or white people though.

It's generally accepted that a major factor in axing our show was it wasn't PC enough (Alan Bells words not mine) and the Millennial run uber PC BBC would never commission LOTSW now as it's no where near diverse enough (I don't think anyone on the forum disputes that). To state 2 inconvenient truths, it was a much less PC BBC which gave us our wonderful programme and secondly however well meaning the BBC is, its under the biggest existential threat in its entire history so perhaps not everyone thinks it is so well meaning.
I'm very close to chopping in my TV Licence and if I do, I'll donate the fees to the running of this great site every year.

It's generally accepted that a major factor in axing our show was it wasn't PC enough (Alan Bells words not mine) and the Millennial run uber PC BBC would never commission LOTSW now as it's no where near diverse enough (I don't think anyone on the forum disputes that). To state 2 inconvenient truths, it was a much less PC BBC which gave us our wonderful programme and secondly however well meaning the BBC is, its under the biggest existential threat in its entire history so perhaps not everyone thinks it is so well meaning.
I'm very close to chopping in my TV Licence and if I do, I'll donate the fees to the running of this great site every year.

I don't see diversity in an individual TV show as being important, especially if it wouldn't ring true for the area and generations of the people it's based on. What's more important is whether it's an enjoyable show.

But I also have first hand experience of this issue, I'm a director of a local SME and our legal consultants have written to us to inform us we must seriously consider providing gender neutral toilets in addition to the ladies/gents we already do for clients & staff (at considerable cost to ourselves) or we may find ourselves the subject of a equality discrimination claim in the future. It's great that the young are embracing this issue but I also think wisdom & common sense come with age.....
How about providing as many private toilet rooms as needed, labeled "Whomever. Just wash your hands!"?

I asked more" tongue in cheek " to add to the diversity narrative:08:
I've gathered the impression that the term "Athiest" isn't used in Great Britain. When British friends have named their belief system, then have turned to me expecting me to name one of the denominations prevalent here in the States and I've responded "I'm Atheist", they've looked shocked. A few have said, "We say 'Agnostic'", as though Atheist is a rude term.

I've gathered the impression that the term "Athiest" isn't used in Great Britain. When British friends have named their belief system, then have turned to me expecting me to name one of the denominations prevalent here in the States and I've responded "I'm Atheist", they've looked shocked. A few have said, "We say 'Agnostic'", as though Atheist is a rude term.
Atheist & Agnostic have different meanings, I'm surprised you were picked up on that over here as the former means essentialy don't believe whereas the latter means don't know!

Atheist & Agnostic have different meanings, I'm surprised you were picked up on that over here as the former means essentially don't believe whereas the latter means don't know!
You probably don't hang out with various groups of elderly ladies of about my age! Apparently certainty is too harsh for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back