Why is PC determined to destroy the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gathered the impression that the term "Athiest" isn't used in Great Britain. When British friends have named their belief system, then have turned to me expecting me to name one of the denominations prevalent here in the States and I've responded "I'm Atheist", they've looked shocked. A few have said, "We say 'Agnostic'", as though Atheist is a rude term.

It probably depends on who you speak to as in my experience to say you're an atheist is only shocking to some religious people. Most people I know are either atheist or agnostic, but of course that's not necessarily a representative sample. Maybe British people you spoke to were shocked because we have the impression that America is predominantly a country of believers.

But I also have first hand experience of this issue, I'm a director of a local SME and our legal consultants have written to us to inform us we must seriously consider providing gender neutral toilets in addition to the ladies/gents
It's not that long ago when the thought of woman voting was classed as immoral, luckily that's changed to.
[/QUOTE]
A gender neutral toilet is really not that bad. Many mothers would welcome a "family" bathroom when diapers have to be changed or nature calls. Also, it would keep men, who are changing into women, out of the ladies' room. And if this bathroom were to be made handicapped-friendly, then those who have special needs could also use this bathroom.

It probably depends on who you speak to as in my experience to say you're an atheist is only shocking to some religious people. Most people I know are either atheist or agnostic, but of course that's not necessarily a representative sample. Maybe British people you spoke to were shocked because we have the impression that America is predominantly a country of believers.
This country was largely started by many groups looking for religious freedom. There were the Puritans, the Quakers and many other groups. Down through the ages, that religious freedom has been maintained in many different ways. There are still many believers who seek to maintain that religious freedom. Unfortunately, there is a small minority that is seeking to squelch that freedom.

A gender neutral toilet is really not that bad. Many mothers would welcome a "family" bathroom when diapers have to be changed or nature calls. Also, it would keep men, who are changing into women, out of the ladies' room. And if this bathroom were to be made handicapped-friendly, then those who have special needs could also use this bathroom.
[/QUOTE]
We already have a disabled toilet in addition to M&F already, but apparently that wouldn't do. Remember gender neutral are not for people who want to be identified as a different sex or transitioning, they are people who don't like to be labeled as a certain sex so neither m or f toilets would meet their requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back