Why is PC determined to destroy the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Politically Correct implies a level of conformity. Just what we need on top of all the other stuff we have to rummage through. It's nothing to do with goodness, righteousness or love and everything to do with social restraint. I use to go on demos regarding war, missiles, animal abuse etc and have a criminal record because of this. No I didn't wreck anything or attack anyone but tried to influence change. Today protest isn't that, it's a form of social control. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm glad I didn't have any children considering the huge clatter of morons.

With all this BLM - seemingly more than ALM (All) - they are now removing shows that may offend someone - *who* I dont really know - when you look at it every single show in history will offend *someone* some how...

Banning Fawlty Towers, etc - what sort of sterile world do these people want us to live in? I just dont get it.

Disney will be in trouble if they start looking seriously into their movies/shows
All westerns, love movies, suspense movies, comedies, entertainment shows etc - they could possibly offend 1 person in 129048230948230948 - so will be removed..

Just doesnt make sense.

Stop the world, I want to get off.

The offence thing is a front, because it's only certain types of offence that are considered legitimate. As for BLM, the general principle of the movement that racism is bad is something few would disagree with, but like other organisations (Stop the War comes to mind) it's a front for particular left wing politics. As John Cleese once said, some people deserve to be offended.

First of all, I will agree that Black lives matter. Here in DC, there are far too many children and youths who have been suddenly killed, caught in the middle of a shoot out, like it was the wild West. So very sad. But BLM is a whole different thing. Whether BLM claims to hate racism or what ever, they are still looting, throwing fireworks, smashing windows, etc. Not very nice stuff.

Sadly all this has given rise to what is called Cancel Culture, so many great TV Programmes have been cancelled or censored, sometimes after 40 or so years. I read in our papers this morning that they are looking to drop Land Of Hope & Glory from our annual proms as it's deemed colonial & offensive.
I too quote John Cleese who I think sums things up succinctly "If you put nonsense words into the mouth of someone you want to make fun of you’re not broadcasting their views, you’re making fun of them"

Just when you think it wont get dumber... for millions of years its been breastfeeding and breast milk.

Midwives at a hospital have been told they can no longer use the term “breastfeeding”.

It’s part of a new strategy by the UK’s National Health Trust to be more inclusive to trans communities.

Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals (BSUH) NHS Trust in England is the first to introduce the policy.

Changes in terminology include no longer referring to “mothers” as a lone word but instead use “mothers or birthing parents”, and referring to “breastfeeding” as “breast or chest-feeding”.

Breast milk has to be referred to as “chest milk”, “human milk” or “milk from the feeding mother or parent” while “father” has been replaced with “parent” or “co-parent”.

Sadly all this has given rise to what is called Cancel Culture, so many great TV Programmes have been cancelled or censored, sometimes after 40 or so years. I read in our papers this morning that they are looking to drop Land Of Hope & Glory from our annual proms as it's deemed colonial & offensive.
I too quote John Cleese who I think sums things up succinctly "If you put nonsense words into the mouth of someone you want to make fun of you’re not broadcasting their views, you’re making fun of them"

A psychiatrist quoted by Cleese puts it well: people who can't control their emotions try to control the behaviour of others.

Just when you think it wont get dumber... for millions of years its been breastfeeding and breast milk.

Midwives at a hospital have been told they can no longer use the term “breastfeeding”.

It’s part of a new strategy by the UK’s National Health Trust to be more inclusive to trans communities.

Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals (BSUH) NHS Trust in England is the first to introduce the policy.

Changes in terminology include no longer referring to “mothers” as a lone word but instead use “mothers or birthing parents”, and referring to “breastfeeding” as “breast or chest-feeding”.

Breast milk has to be referred to as “chest milk”, “human milk” or “milk from the feeding mother or parent” while “father” has been replaced with “parent” or “co-parent”.
To the people who are instructing us to use these new phrases I have one word for you. Well, it used to be one word, now it is three......LARGE SPHERICAL OBJECTS.

I usually DVR everything that watch, even live sporting events, then just start the show an hour later than it originally started. That way I can just skip the adverts(usually gives me more time to do things around the house), our cable provider even has a "resume after advert" function so I don't have to time it correctly. But adverts are everywhere, I hate it on Youtube, it drives me nuts.
As for PC, I've had it with the stuff as well. I'm sure they will be cutting out the episode where Compo is a kamikaze pilot as well. :rolleyes:
I rarely watch the news, maybe for the forecast, but that's all.
I was brought up with old timers and they had no PC filter!

When it comes to including transgender people I think we do need to change our language in some cases, some people may not like the idea of the transgender community but it's now a fact of life, we older generation seem to have a problem adjusting to it but I look at it as we only have one life, we don't get to go round again and if someone isn't happy with who they are they have the right to change that, the fact we have the technology and the know how to do that now is life changing for a lot of people. If we have to change our language a little to accommodate that then so be it. I think its everyone human right to be happy and be who they really are and if we can help that process for them then we should. If needing to change something about myself to make me happy I'd do it just like if someone else needed to change themselves I'd do what I could to help them. This will never be a happy world until everyone is happy, my life isn't more important then someone else's. My grandkids are more adept at altering their language to accommodate others, they say "they" instead of " him or her" and I'm proud of my grandkids.

I've said before we can't destroy history because future generations won't know how we screwed up so will be doomed to repeat it. Maybe we should have our mistakes on display that way our children will see where we went wrong and hopefully do better then we did.

Well said Pearl , People need to feel happy and content with who they are . Sadly all too often the really bad side of technology offers an easy medium to destroy people which is why personally I chose to avoid using the likes of Facebook, Instagram etc . I agree we need to ensure History is documented for the future and outing persecutors and bullies is a must if we are to change things but sadly not everyone sings from the same page . :(

I'm completely with you on the live and let live principle and the world would be a better place if everybody followed that rule.

But I also have first hand experience of this issue, I'm a director of a local SME and our legal consultants have written to us to inform us we must seriously consider providing gender neutral toilets in addition to the ladies/gents we already do for clients & staff (at considerable cost to ourselves) or we may find ourselves the subject of a equality discrimination claim in the future. It's great that the young are embracing this issue but I also think wisdom & common sense come with age.....

I'm completely with you on the live and let live principle and the world would be a better place if everybody followed that rule.

But I also have first hand experience of this issue, I'm a director of a local SME and our legal consultants have written to us to inform us we must seriously consider providing gender neutral toilets in addition to the ladies/gents we already do for clients & staff (at considerable cost to ourselves) or we may find ourselves the subject of a equality discrimination claim in the future. It's great that the young are embracing this issue but I also think wisdom & common sense come with age.....

What's a SME?

When it comes to including transgender people I think we do need to change our language in some cases, some people may not like the idea of the transgender community but it's now a fact of life, we older generation seem to have a problem adjusting to it but I look at it as we only have one life, we don't get to go round again and if someone isn't happy with who they are they have the right to change that, the fact we have the technology and the know how to do that now is life changing for a lot of people. If we have to change our language a little to accommodate that then so be it. I think its everyone human right to be happy and be who they really are and if we can help that process for them then we should. If needing to change something about myself to make me happy I'd do it just like if someone else needed to change themselves I'd do what I could to help them. This will never be a happy world until everyone is happy, my life isn't more important then someone else's. My grandkids are more adept at altering their language to accommodate others, they say "they" instead of " him or her" and I'm proud of my grandkids.

I've said before we can't destroy history because future generations won't know how we screwed up so will be doomed to repeat it. Maybe we should have our mistakes on display that way our children will see where we went wrong and hopefully do better then we did.

Well said Pearl , People need to feel happy and content with who they are . Sadly all too often the really bad side of technology offers an easy medium to destroy people which is why personally I chose to avoid using the likes of Facebook, Instagram etc . I agree we need to ensure History is documented for the future and outing persecutors and bullies is a must if we are to change things but sadly not everyone sings from the same page . :)

The strangest PC situation that I came across was an advert that stated only Male/Female were eligible to apply for the position,which then cited some strange clause which allowed such an application to be allowed.

We are expected to accept many things as the norm that years ago would be deemed immoral.

But I also have first hand experience of this issue, I'm a director of a local SME and our legal consultants have written to us to inform us we must seriously consider providing gender neutral toilets in addition to the ladies/gents
The strangest PC situation that I came across was an advert that stated only Male/Female were eligible to apply for the position,which then cited some strange clause which allowed such an application to be allowed.

We are expected to accept many things as the norm that years ago would be deemed immoral.
It's not that long ago when the thought of woman voting was classed as immoral, luckily that's changed to.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back