which actor do you wished had done a guest appearance in lotsw

The Legend that is Rik Mayall :)

Sorry, cannot agree! Each to his own and all that but to me Mayall is one of these so called comedians who think it impossible to be funny without being crude. He is described as "a pioneer of alternative comedy" which to my mind has never been comedy, certainly not an alternative to it and is the complete antithesis of Last Of the Summer Wine. It is his type of drivel, so admired by the urchins who run so-called comedy in the BBC, that was deemed fit to drive LOTSW off of our screens.

Fair enough unc. :)

I would have loved to have seen Will Hay, he has a similar charm in his usual disastrous attempts to get things done. I know he was too old but in an ideal world, I would have him make a guest appearance.

Patricia Routledge! She'd be great as one of the battleaxes. ;D

That sort of remark makes me mad. I like her, but she is an entertainer after all, we are the ones who are doing her a favour watching her, not the other way round.

Ok I've had a think and I think the best ladies would be:
Jean Bolt
Maureen Lipman
Ann Reid

I would have loved to have seen Will Hay, he has a similar charm in his usual disastrous attempts to get things done. I know he was too old but in an ideal world, I would have him make a guest appearance.

Well, what about the whole trio - Will Hay, Moore Marriott and Graham Moffat ? - They might have been good as the three main stars of a LOSW-type series ! - They worked perfectly together in their old movies.
Moore Marriott wasn't too dissimilar to Compo !
Will hay wasn't a million miles from Foggy.

Well, what about the whole trio - Will Hay, Moore Marriott and Graham Moffat ? - They might have been good as the three main stars of a LOSW-type series ! - They worked perfectly together in their old movies.

I have to agree with You, the trio would make an excellent addition. Their antics were somewhat similar and I also love watching them, though Summer wine remains my favorite of course ;D

I have to agree with You, the trio would make an excellent addition. Their antics were somewhat similar and I also love watching them, though Summer wine remains my favorite of course ;D

Graham Moffat ? - I guess he was a kind of cross between Crusher and Barry !

Back