which actor do you wished had done a guest appearance in lotsw

Allow me to go with characters instead of the actual actors.

I know a lot of you are just "lukewarm" in your feelings to keeping up appearances, but I would have loved to have seen Richard and Hyacinth getting lost in the Holmsfirth countryside. Perhaps their car would break down and Richard would have to get help from the trio (I believe during the time of Foggy's second stint). Hyacinth would stay in the car, not wanting anything to do with the trio and Foggy, although well intentioned, would get Richard more mixed up.

During the same time as Keeping Up Appearances, was Waiting for God. Am I correct? Out of respect for that shw and its few parallels to Summer Wine, I would have loved to see Tom and Diane, visit Holmsfirth on a holiday!!!

To follow up on my last post, Onslow would get along quite well at one of the Summer Wine pubs.

Now here is one more, Dawn French.

The Vicar relocates to Holmsfirth. Summer Wine never had a Vicar as a regular. She and her absent-minded assistant, Alice, would have fit in great with the Summer Wine characters.

To follow up on my last post, Onslow would get along quite well at one of the Summer Wine pubs.

Now here is one more, Dawn French.

The Vicar relocates to Holmsfirth. Summer Wine never had a Vicar as a regular. She and her absent-minded assistant, Alice, would have fit in great with the Summer Wine characters.

The Onslow bit I agree with but I'm not sure about the Vicar of Dibley coming to Holmfirth.
I can see Onslow as the new Big Malcolm but I don't think Dawn French is the kind of thing that Summer Wine needs.

I've just watched an episode of "Tales of the Unexpected" (Series 5 episode 6 "The Moles" from 1982) which was, for most of the episode, a three hander between Bill Owen, Fulton Mackay and Harry H Corbett. The way they worked together made me think how wonderful they'd have been on LotSW. Of course, Fulton Mackay was almost a "third man" on the show, if Brian Wilde had followed through on one of his early threats to quit.

Incidentally, I say it was a three hander for most of the episode because 10 minutes from the end, there was a lovely surprise when who should walk in and join the three of them onscreen, but Joe Gladwin.

Yeah! I'd forgotten about that show. Did you see ever the episode called Skin? I think it was Derek Jacobi. I don't know if he'd have been right for Summer Wine, though.

I would have liked to see Henry Winkler as The Fonz. He did pantomime for quite a few years and enjoyed it so he would have fitted in just fine in one of the 'Ladies Entertainments'.

Ade.. what a choice. He is great, the best..

Though Bill Maynard is also good for a part. His role in Hearbeat proves it..

Back