Summer Wine Decanted

One thing I was wondering was, has any of the trivia you've imparted come from this forum or is it all down to your own research?
Some of the trivia is from the forum, and from many other sources including some random chance conversations that provided just one small piece of a puzzle. I have no idea of percentages of where info came from and I've not logged each bit of info against where it came from, although I remember a lot of them! For example, I discovered that Roz's home was going to be a modern bungalow in Upperthong, while researching the private homes used as fake pubs, not something I was expecting to find out!

Finally caught up with the videos! I thought when I finished my classes and decided to take a couple of months off, I would have more free time, but that does not appear to be the case! Now everyone seems to want my attention. Lol These trivia videos are awesome tho! Can't wait for the next one!

Finally caught the series 16 to 20 Trivia video yet another classic thank you both for putting this together and posting , loved the anagram of Jean Fergusson quote assume that's the only one you have found makes you wonder if there are more. Historically braces were used commonly but fell out of favour.

I worked in a tailors shop briefly in the late 60's and in the made to measure department we did get the odd old guy who wanted brace buttons added to the inside of the trouser waistband . When you suggested that the shop sold the more practical clip on braces the look of disdain was really telling . I know the shop still had the odd pair of button braces left in stock I always assumed these guys had a favourite pair or two they would wear until the elastic gave out.

Finally caught the series 16 to 20 Trivia video yet another classic thank you both for putting this together and posting , loved the anagram of Jean Fergusson quote assume that's the only one you have found makes you wonder if there are more. Historically braces were used commonly but fell out of favour.

I worked in a tailors shop briefly in the late 60's and in the made to measure department we did get the odd old guy who wanted brace buttons added to the inside of the trouser waistband . When you suggested that the shop sold the more practical clip on braces the look of disdain was really telling . I know the shop still had the odd pair of button braces left in stock I always assumed these guys had a favourite pair or two they would wear until the elastic gave out.
Remember when Arkwright was buying a new suit, he couldn't have a button fly and had to have a "swish swish"!!

Last edited:
Another great episode thank you both for creating it and posting [I was taken aback by the abrupt ending:oops:] The insight into how Alan J W Bell handled Bill Owen's critical illness was fascinating . I wonder how long it took the scenery crew to create the pond area and then to restore the area to its original state.

Another great episode thank you both for creating it and posting [I was taken aback by the abrupt ending:oops:] The insight into how Alan J W Bell handled Bill Owen's critical illness was fascinating . I wonder how long it took the scenery crew to create the pond area and then to restore the area to its original state.
Thanks Cap'n.
The "Trivia" videos were written as a single script - so if you watch them all in sequence there is a start, middle and an end!
When filming I didn't yet know how they were going to be divided up... as a 90 minute video would have been too much in one go!

Back