Pets

I know he looks a bit simple on this picture, but he is in fact a lunatic who eats me out of house and home. I am reduced to eating scraps and selling things just to pay his food bills!

zeus2.jpg

I have always had dogs up to around 25 years ago and then decided to change. Since then I have had cats, my first one passed away at 17, then we lost one at just 7 - he was run over - but the same day I went out and bought a female kitten - the first female pet I have had, she is part Siamese and the most affectionate pet I have ever owned, we call her Purdey and she is now just coming up to 2 years old.

While it's a beautiful day here, I have two grumpy critters. My boy Zeus has his best playmate Eddie here, my GF's Dog and when it's cooler they bound about causing havoc. But today both are a bit non-plussed. Normally when I go over and stroke their Ears and give them a big snuggle and tell them I love them, I get a big "Oh yes I remember you, you're the fella what does feed us and walk us and look after us" type snuggle back, but today they are lying in the shade and then going indoors. No paw strokes, no climbing on my lap, nothing.
Not even the occasional Bird hopping on the fence can raise any interest, just a bored look up and a bit of an "hurrumph" and then back down again.
Lots of water and shaded needed.

I have 3 cats, Black and White, Ginger + tortoiseshell and white, named Darcy, Elmo and Pebbles. 4 Green Singer Finches unnamed

I can't imagine a life without pets around me. At present we have 2 dogs and 5 cats. All have a story about how they ended up living with us ::) Since we got married (in 1980) there have been 8 dogs and 13 cats as well as 6 gerbils, 3 budgies, 4 guinea pigs and 4 rabbits.
At the moment a friend has cancer so I also look after his horse every day and have got quite attached to that as well !

Paul h

You're a good man, CompoSimmonite! We've had many animals along the way
but after my last cat's death(which was horrible to go through) I decided no
more animals. However, that was not to be. A beautiful small female adopted
us about 4 months ago. It's obvious she was meant to be an inside cat as
she's been declawed and spayed. She has a sweet nature and we've grown to love her and , we believe, she loves us. We'll keep her!

We have always had cats. Our fluffy grey 'Billy' has a friend who could be his twin. Humphrey calls round most mornings and they go off into the garden for an hour or so to play. Humphrey then goes off home and Billy comes indoors and that is that it until tomorrow.

just bought the family a puppy, its a black and tan Pomeranian dog and the wifes called hi 'Kes'. he's a real little ball of fluff and as cute as anything i've seen ;D

just bought the family a puppy, its a black and tan Pomeranian dog and the wifes called hi 'Kes'. he's a real little ball of fluff and as cute as anything i've seen ;D

Good work that man.
Black and Tan are lovely colours together.

Hmmmmmmm. Cat lovers eh?
Over the last few weeks I thought I had adopted a Cat. I had trained Zeus to be kind to all critters, except Jack Russells, especially when we had a stray Cat in our garden. I let it in the house, fed it, warned Zeus in a little chat that we are all nice creatures and to be on his best behaviour, which he was, good Dog. Tonight, the Cat came round as usual, I fed it, stroked it, while Zeus stood there looking perplexed, and the apparently homeless/visiting each day for food little b*stard bit me for no reason and eventually Zeus went mental at it and Ive never seen anything scarper so quickly.
So tell me, where is the pleasure, if any, in being nice to Cats?
Next time round, any Cats come into my garden, I'll let Zeus at them straight away.

Hmmmmmmm. Cat lovers eh?
Over the last few weeks I thought I had adopted a Cat. I had trained Zeus to be kind to all critters, except Jack Russells, especially when we had a stray Cat in our garden. I let it in the house, fed it, warned Zeus in a little chat that we are all nice creatures and to be on his best behaviour, which he was, good Dog. Tonight, the Cat came round as usual, I fed it, stroked it, while Zeus stood there looking perplexed, and the apparently homeless/visiting each day for food little b*stard bit me for no reason and eventually Zeus went mental at it and Ive never seen anything scarper so quickly.
So tell me, where is the pleasure, if any, in being nice to cats.
Next time round, any Cats come into my garden, I'll let Zeus at them straight away.

A friend had a white kitten which was deaf. The dogs from next door, who were trained to chase cats, caught it in the garden and ripped it to pieces. I know you are a nice person really, but please don't set your lovely dog on to any cats. Some of us love them. I would never be unkind to a dog.

A cat and dog lover.

I'm nice to all animals Ess. My Dog is a good boy and with a few chats can be trained to be friendly too. I wouldnt let him attack any Cats. He knows to be nice to the Rabbit.

I'm nice to all animals Ess. My Dog is a good boy and with a few chats can be trained to be friendly too. I wouldnt let him attack any Cats. He knows to be nice to the Rabbit.

That is nice. One of my smaller relatives is to visit Edinburgh Zoo this week. He wants to pat a crocodile! He is not quite three. He may grow up to be a vet, who knows?

I just thought I would share this picture with you. Some friends of mine have a lovely Northern Inuit Dog called Aya. They are like Huskies/Utonagans/Wolves, beautiful Dogs and Aya has a couple of Puppies, once called Thor. This is a picture of Mum and Pup. Zeus sometimes plays with them out in the woods and on walks.
This is Aya and Thor. Aren't they lovely?

northerndog.jpg

What beauties!! I always think dogs like this must be constantly overheating in our climate, they really look like wolves a bit.

If there is such a thing as the collective power of positive thought, then please spare one for my mates Dalmatian Dillon who is poorly and at the Vets undergoing an operation. He is one of my boys best playmates and a lovely critter. Big soft paws and ears and a real spotty rascal. Get well soon Dillon.

Poor Dillon, hope his operation is a success. Was it something very serious????????

Back