Pets

5 years!!!! only had ours since last summer bloody hell.......
i remember getting to look after the school hamster 'teabag' it was called, over the summer holidays and that was a real nightmare. it kept on climbing out of the cage and hiding behind the gas fire, mum and dad hated that thing and i always thought they were just being boring until now.

sorry mum and dad

:eek: My granddaughter brought home the school hamster to look after for the holidays. Everything was fine until their cat decided to "play "with it! :eek: ::)

I´m glad pets can cheer us all so much up, I also couldn´t imagine living without them. It´s even a confirmed fact that they bring down the blood pressure and relax their owners, so they are actually like a medicine.

I had to have my 10 year old Staffie bull terrier "Jackson" put to sleep on the 9th December.
He had started to have fits and was becoming more aggressive with other dogs.
The vet felt that he was probably suffering from a brain tumour, which was putting pressure on his brain, so ifelt that the kindest thing to do was to let him go, much better than finding him dead one morning.
I held him while he was being given the injection and told him how sorry i was.
I'm 57 years old and i cried like a child when he finally slipped away.

****: My dog could be quite hard work sometimes, he had some very peculiar habits that used to wind me up no end, although it can be like that with small children, which is what our pets are to us i suppose.
Jack knew exactly what buttons to press to get my back up and we had our "moments", when both of us could sulk over whatever he had done to deserve a telling off, he had it down to a fine art, he would sit with his back to me and no amount of proding, poking or sweet-talk would bring him around until he was good and ready, then all would be good again.

I do miss him a lot but i doubt if i will ever own another dog again.
My family go back a long way with Staffies, i know them inside out and back-roads on, they are a very loyal breed and they bring a lot of love and companionship to a family household but i've been on my own for the last eight years, my choice but i don't feel that i could start over again with a pup, i've had two staffies and a pit-bull, all from pups to grave and i loved them all, they all had their own personalities and brought much happiness and tears into my life.
So i shall have my memories to keep them alive and that is all i could wish for.

Adios my furry friends.

G ; )

5 years!!!! only had ours since last summer bloody hell.......
i remember getting to look after the school hamster 'teabag' it was called, over the summer holidays and that was a real nightmare. it kept on climbing out of the cage and hiding behind the gas fire, mum and dad hated that thing and i always thought they were just being boring until now.

sorry mum and dad

I don't know why they have such a short life. But they are not as sneaky as Hamsters. Hamsters can hide anywhere. The worse thing is if they are pregnant. They breed faster than rabbits. Talking from experience.

That is quite a story. It is amazing how pets can get to you. I tell you that you can't get a loyal friend like a dog. Humans can't always be trusted but a dog is a different story. I do feel for you but that is life. If anyone says you have to move on, you can't. Everything reminds you of the dog..

Have to say that 'Jackson' is a good name for a pet. I called mine Zeus after the King of the Gods/Dogs, because that is what he is to me. He has been my eyes these last few months. If I'm out on my own he is always with me. It's amazing how quickly you can clear a path through trainee teenage 'gangstas' who try and get in your way when you have a 4ftx5ft Doberman next to you.

Last year we lost our 16-year old border collie Fergie.
She was a gem of a pup. We hardly needed a leash
as she would walk anywhere with us. We walked as
many as 6 times a day the mile walk thru the neighborhood,
down the field, round the pond, thru the woods and home.

We really miss ol' Fergie. She gave us good reason
to walk!

Think when we get back from this year's trip to
Yorkshire we will get another border collie.

chuck

Update report.....
Zeus is not my friend today and he isn't talking to me.
For ages the space behind the Kitchen door which was designed for a washing machine has been where his bowls were and where he went for stretch and a sit when he was a bit younger, today I've inherited my Mum's old washing machine as she has a new one. My Dad came round earlier with it and we fitted it and there was some 'uffing' and a fair bit of consternation as he oversaw instillation. Not even a new cushion and ball has managed to assuage his grumpiness at this turn of events!

Hi Chuffer

Zeus will adjust...

One story of my youth.
I grew up on a small farm.
On a spring day I was reading a book under a tree.
My cat came to me, meowing.
When I touched him, he walked away.
The cat wanted me to follow him...
When I stopped following him, he came to me, meowing.
When I touched him, every time he walked away.
100 meters later he touched with his head the door to the poultry barn.
Little chickens were coming out their eggs.
The cat wanted me to open the door...

Hi Chuffer

Zeus will adjust...

One story of my youth.
I grew up on a small farm.
On a spring day I was reading a book under a tree.
My cat came to me, meowing.
When I touched him, he walked away.
The cat wanted me to follow him...
When I stopped following him, he came to me, meowing.
When I touched him, every time he walked away.
100 meters later he touched with his head the door to the poultry barn.
Little chickens were coming out their eggs.
The cat wanted me to open the door...

They are very, very cheeky mate! He willbe Ok in the morning after he has forsaken his new cushion to clamber on the bed and steal the duvet off me.

We've just bought a little baby lion-head rabbit, the kids have called it Panda because its black and white. I wanted to call it magpie because of my religion, but the wife insisted the girls get to name the bunny. I really love rabbits they are so much fun to watch and can be great house pets when they are house trained.

We've just bought a little baby lion-head rabbit, the kids have called it Panda because its black and white. I wanted to call it magpie because of my religion, but the wife insisted the girls get to name the bunny. I really love rabbits they are so much fun to watch and can be great house pets when they are house trained.

Ace! I could go with Panda or Magpie James, good names!
Mine is called Skipper. For no other reason than I had a Rabbit when I was a kid and it was called the same.
Had I known **** at the time, then I would have named it after her ;D
My Dog is actually frightened of the bunny. A 4ftx4ft grumpy, psychopathic killing machine Dobermann is scared of a fluffy eared, food stealing Bunny!

Mine is called Skipper. For no other reason than I had a Rabbit when I was a kid and it was called the same.

I beg your pardon? LOL!! I hope that was a compliment and not an insult ;D

Heh! Of course it was! You are a gentle, peace loving, soft crittter! Just like my Bunny! I'm not sure if you would scare my dog in the same way though!

I beg your pardon? LOL!! I hope that was a compliment and not an insult ;D

Heh! Of course it was! You are a gentle, peace loving, soft crittter! Just like my Bunny! I'm not sure if you would scare my dog in the same way though!

I don´t think I would scare him, lol. I once had a hamster that scared my cat, that was also quite funny. But it´s a peace of luck, especially with cats that you can´t really train to keep away from other pets. A dog killed my guinea pig though when I was 5 or 6, but that dog wasn´t trained well. Though I doubt even a trained dog would resist chasing an animal if it´s not one belonging to "his" family. A few days ago a dog killed a newborn lamb on a meadow nearby, so your rabbit is lucky that the dog is scared!

Back