New DVD - The Christmas Specials

malcky

Great to see that a new DVD release - Last Of The Summer Wine The Christmas Specials Volume 1 - is available to pre-order on Amazon for just £6.00 and is being released on 3rd November 2014.

Weren't all of the Christmas specials included in the original region 2 DVD releases?

Nice to see that the powers that be are paying attention to consumer demand, anyway.

Marianna

Great to see that a new DVD release - Last Of The Summer Wine The Christmas Specials Volume 1 - is available to pre-order on Amazon for just £6.00 and is being released on 3rd November 2014.
Has it. Not spotted this. Thanks for the Info.

As a Lot of LOSW was done on film,wouldn't it be great if they rescanned the films and released a much better quality batch of the episodes

Hmmm.

As you say, this will all be available on the other discs that have been released over the years.

Not many will buy this if they already have it on DVD.

A handy DVD though if you want to watch just the Xmas ones over the festive period.

Nice cover picture from the 1990 Special.

I think most people here would have preferred the next two series to have been released instead.

I would have liked to have seen the pilot episode included on this Christmas DVD as an extra.

Hmmm.

As you say, this will all be available on the other discs that have been released over the years.

Not many will buy this if they already have it on DVD.

A handy DVD though if you want to watch just the Xmas ones over the festive period.

Nice cover picture from the 1990 Special.

I think most people here would have preferred the next two series to have been released instead.

I would have liked to have seen the pilot episode included on this Christmas DVD as an extra.
I would buy this so they would be all on one disc instead of having to change each time to watch

Do we know exactly which episodes are on this?

Would it include Christmas specials that don't have Christmas themes, like Getting Sam Home or Situations Vacant?

Do we know exactly which episodes are on this?

Would it include Christmas specials that don't have Christmas themes, like Getting Sam Home or Situations Vacant?
I would think if they are originally broadcast and called Christmas specials then yes they will be there.

I would buy this so they would be all on one disc instead of having to change each time to watch
Me too,going to order it tonight,thanks for the info.
I hope A short blast of Fred Astaire is on it,I love the full monty type dance at the bus stop at the end,one of my favourite scenes ever,I'm going to find that bus stop and make a pilgrimage to it,and A leg up for Christmas is one of my favourites.

Me too,going to order it tonight,thanks for the info.
I hope A short blast of Fred Astaire is on it,I love the full monty type dance at the bus stop at the end,one of my favourite scenes ever,I'm going to find that bus stop and make a pilgrimage to it,and A leg up for Christmas is one of my favourites.

I don`t think that will be on it as the cast list only includes Bill Owen, Peter Sallis, Brian Wilde and Michael Aldridge. So I guess its the early ones.

Last edited:
Anyone got details of episodes on it yet?

Looking at what information there is about it (on Amazon or wherever), run time of 175 minutes (may or may not be correct) and it is designated Vol.1, I somehow anticipate only EARLY Christmas themed Specials. I will be surprised if 'Getting Sam Home' is there but we will see soon.

Anyone got details of episodes on it yet?

Looking at what information there is about it (on Amazon or wherever), run time of 175 minutes (may or may not be correct) and it is designated Vol.1, I somehow anticipate only EARLY Christmas themed Specials. I will be surprised if 'Getting Sam Home' is there but we will see soon.

I'm only buying it if it is on there, out of protest!! :respect:

I'll just have to borrow me dads copy! :42:

The episodes on the Christmas DVD are -

Merry Christmas Father Christmas (1986)

Crums (1988)

What's Santa Bought for Nora Then? (1989)

Barry's Christmas (1990)

How can you tell what's on it? I have looked at amazon, amazon uk, and
the beeb as well. Can't find a list anywhere.

Worse, when i go the the bbc site, I can no longer see it as
a UKer, only as an amurican. So I cannot even see the UK
LOTSW disks at all. It stinks, as I used to be able to order
DVDs and books from the bbc in the UK at UK prices. Now all
I see are bbc america shlock.

Helpppp

The episodes on the Christmas DVD are -

Merry Christmas Father Christmas (1986)

Crums (1988)

What's Santa Bought for Nora Then? (1989)

Barry's Christmas (1990)

That's terrible. I want the whole lot, not just those 4.

Back