New DVD - The Christmas Specials

The episodes on the Christmas DVD are -

Merry Christmas Father Christmas (1986)

Crums (1988)

What's Santa Bought for Nora Then? (1989)

Barry's Christmas (1990)

Like others, not sure where you got this information but that is very much along the lines of what I was expecting.

Typical Universal Playback.

The term Volume One suggests there will be a follow up DVD, maybe next year.

So you would have expected the very first Christmas Specials to be on this DVD, ie the likes of Small Tune on a Penny Wassail, And a Dewhurst Up a Fir Tree, Whoops, All Mod Conned, and even A Merry Heatwave (which I think we eventually decided WAS a special, running at 35 mins).

But then this is the company who mucked up their series numbering, likewise with their Hi De Hi DVDs.

What's up with this?

Why can't any of us type 'open bracket nineteen eighty eight closed bracket'?

The code for the emoticon 8) is eight closed parenthesis. I can't imagine how one would make the system distinguish between the literal characters and the emoticon, but it really needs to be able to do that.

Marianna

The code for the emoticon 8) is eight closed parenthesis. I can't imagine how one would make the system distinguish between the literal characters and the emoticon, but it really needs to be able to do that.

Marianna

Sorry Index, didn't see your reply. :35:

Notice the DVD in question is all Seymour episodes which I think are covered in three or four sets in total.

1988 [1988]
yes need to use the non curved parentheses .... simple
But an unintended consequence.

Yes success - you need to disable smilies in text under additional options - to get (1988) doing what you want ...

Y'now, fans in the UK may be better off getting a multi region DVD PLAYER, and buy the US Christmas DVD, which features half hour Xmas shows between 1978 and 1982.

They also do a Holiday Specials DVD with specials between 1986 and 1989.

In case you didn't know, I live in the UK, but have seen pictures of the American BBC DVDs, and they do seem better presented than the UK ones.

The artwork and photographs are impressive. Each DVD is given a title, such as Vintage 1976, Vintage 1977, and so on.

Anyone here know if the first two series (1973 and 1975) are available in the same collection? Can't see it. Though I imagine those first two series have been available on DVD in the US for ages, as was the case here.

In case you didn't know, I live in the UK, but have seen pictures of the American BBC DVDs, and they do seem better presented than the UK ones.

The artwork and photographs are impressive. Each DVD is given a title, such as Vintage 1976, Vintage 1977, and so on.

Anyone here know if the first two series (1973 and 1975) are available in the same collection? Can't see it. Though I imagine those first two series have been available on DVD in the US for ages, as was the case here.

The Blamire series have never been issued complete on Region 1 DVDs. The the set issued by the Canadian company BFS Entertainment & Multimedia Ltd. includes all of season 1, part of season 2 and Getting Sam Home. All without closed captions / subtitles, so useless for the hard-of-hearing.

I have read on this forum that some of the region 1 sets are missing random scenes, so I'm planning to keep my region-free player and region 2 sets, and stop even considering the region 1 sets. Granted, the cases look nicer, but if the region 2 content is complete and the region 1 isn't, no amount of attractive packaging makes a bit of difference.

Marianna

Back