March 2014 Ask Terry

have you got much of a collection of Last of the Summer Wine merchandise Terry?

I have the usual dvd collection and what is not available on dvd I have on my PC
I have a reasonable collection of Photo's some signed
A good selection of books some signed
A few scripts and call sheets
A set of stamps on cards all signed by cast for the final dinner
Foggy's Hat

If could have any actor, male or female, guest on Summer Wine who would you chose?

I could pick a few but maybe Ronnie Barker as a guest

Last question of the day :D

Is there anyone who was in it that in your opinion shouldn't have been or wasn't right for the part?

Helen Turaya who played Babs in the later series

Where has been your favorite place to travel to?

Where have you not been that you would like to travel to?

Where has been your favorite place to travel to?

I suppose it would be the USA,saw a lot of Arizona and California,also did Vegas a couple of time,I must admit I did not think I would like Vegas but I did

Where have you not been that you would like to travel to?

Japan
New Zealand

I was wondering Terry what is your view on Hobbo cause I know a lot on here aren't keen on him so what do you think of his character?

I was wondering Terry what is your view on Hobbo cause I know a lot on here aren't keen on him so what do you think of his character?

Darren I like Russ Abbott but I did not think the scripts were right for him,maybe if there had been more series I could of warmed more to him,I sure over the years as the 3rd man changed it took fans a couple of series to warm to the new 3rd man

I guess now I want to ask you since you stated that you played as an passerby on the show, what you did before being an administrator for this forum?

I guess now I want to ask you since you stated that you played as an passerby on the show, what you did before being an administrator for this forum?

Well before I got the forum started,I was running the main website,that all kicked off as a interest after being ill,prior to that I worked in telecoms for private companies I was a maintenance engineer, prior to that I worked for the fire service in the control center.

In what episodes did you serve as a passerby?

Other than the one mentioned I was in the pub garden in "Who's looking sideways at Nelly" and in the back room of the bar in the final episode

I just saw that one last week! It was one of my favorite Hobbo episodes!

Terry, quick question before John catches me, what do you think you would be doing now if you weren't doing this?

Terry, quick question before John catches me, what do you think you would be doing now if you weren't doing this?

Probably driving around the country trying to be in 2 places at once,which is what I was doing before I was struck down with a illness

Terry I want to ask a question but will PM you with it incase you don't want people to know the answer

Terry I want to ask a question but will PM you with it incase you don't want people to know the answer
[/quote

Darren in answer to your question, I contracted Polio as a baby which affected my right side,so I was in hospital most of my life until the age of 12 undergoing many operations on my leg, I started to lead a pretty normal life and did not let this stop me doing what I wanted to do, about nine years ago I was struck down by a mystery illness which made my right side totally weak,at first they thought a stroke,on top of the weakness there was a lot of pain, it took about a year before they diagnosed it as Post Polio Syndrome, at the time little was known about PPS, in fact it was in America they uncovered this problem 2 to 3 years before it hit me, now there is a lot more information and was to help suffers, as there is no cure,more a case of know your limitations and control the pain,for the first couple of years I was doped up on drugs and spent most of my daytime in a chair asleep for long periods,it was losw that was playing and I would wake up somewhere between episodes,watch a bit and off I would go again,all I can say is I was probably a lot luckier than some of the Children that contracted Polio

sorry to hear of your health problems Terry but at least they found out what it was and as you say despite no cure being available at the moment at least you know your limitations and I hope that some days are better than others with your illness, I know myself having a illness that does control you that there very difficult to deal with

Its not easy letting people see your pain and weaknesses but by coming out and speaking about it it may help someone else who may be a little less brave to know their not alone.

That's why I'm as gobby as all getty up about my aches and pains. You never know who it might help :D.
Thank you for sharing that Terry.

Very frank post Terry. You never really know what other people's lives are like, as much as we may think we do. The more I hear Summer Wine folk talk about the series and the place it has in their hearts the more convinced I am of its therapeutic properties and the positive effect it has on people's lives. Long may it all last for all of us.

Back