March 2014 Ask Terry

What are your pet hates? or as Compo might say "What gets on your wick?"
Good question George

Reality TV
Companies using 0844 numbers
Courier companies not turning up yet say they have left a card
When you have to queue for ages at checkouts in shops for the purpose of paying them
When you have to spend ages on the phone trying to sort out a problem caused by a supply company, only to find they make the matter worse and you have to call them again
Some Car Parking disabled bays at our main hospital have been coned off to be used as smokers bays with chairs and ashtrays
Slow internet speeds
Junk mail from Royal mail even though we have opted out for years along with spam mail
Oversea's call centers
The Fact that all the series of losw is not out on dvd

What are your favorite things to do in your spare time?

Keeping an eye on the forum and chatting to all you good folk
Visiting Friends and family
Target Shooting
Photography
Go to Holmfirth for a few days a couple of times year
Watch good quality TV shows

Terry , I'm on my own as you know . Is there a way I could go to Holmfirth and see most of the sights without a car . I realise it would mean bus or taxi but I don't want to spend a fortune on taxi's.

My Dad watched it from the start on BBC 2,

This reference to BBC #2 intrigues me. All episodes were first shown on BBC #1 with the exception of 'A Short Introduction To Cooper's Rules' which did go out on BBC #2 because of a long Wimbledon Men's Final on BBC #1.

Were these repeats that were shown on BBC #2?

My Dad watched it from the start on BBC 2,

This reference to BBC #2 intrigues me. All episodes were first shown on BBC #1 with the exception of 'A Short Introduction To Cooper's Rules' which did go out on BBC #2 because of a long Wimbledon Men's Final on BBC #1.

Were these repeats that were shown on BBC #2?

Unc for some reason I believed it to be the first couple of series started on BBC2,if not it must of been BBC1 dad was watching it on

Terry , I'm on my own as you know . Is there a way I could go to Holmfirth and see most of the sights without a car . I realise it would mean bus or taxi but I don't want to spend a fortune on taxi's.

I'm sure Dick there is a pretty good bus service covering the area,saying that many of the locations are tucked away off the bus routes,if you can wait until May time maybe one Sunday I will take a run over and collect you on the way
Terry

Thanks for the offer Terry , I was thinking more of a coach trip up and use a B&B as a base and see different areas that way. My daughter took me to Holmfirth and it was festival time ,we could not move very far .She says she'll take me again but next time we will have to find our own way around and not just use the tour bus.I thought if I had maybe a week I could get around at leisure. :-\

Terry, has there ever been a time when you wish you hadn't approved my membership ? ;D

Also what is your least favourite part of running a forum?

Terry, has there ever been a time when you wish you hadn't approved my membership ? ;D

Every Day Susan ;D

Also what is your least favourite part of running a forum?

I suppose the least favourite is removing someone who has made a nuisance or offended folk on the forum,even though they have had several chances to stop

Thanks for the offer Terry , I was thinking more of a coach trip up and use a B&B as a base and see different areas that way. My daughter took me to Holmfirth and it was festival time ,we could not move very far .She says she'll take me again but next time we will have to find our own way around and not just use the tour bus.I thought if I had maybe a week I could get around at leisure. :-\

If you were staying in Central Holmfirth for a week you would have plenty of time using public transport to look at places further afield, you could study the map on the main website,when you zoom into a area you will see bus symbols,so that would indicate if a bus stop was nearby,there are also apps for smart phones which give you timetables in the area you are in using the built in gps on the device

You had to explain Summer Wine to someone that hasn't heard about it how would you describe it ?

You had to explain Summer Wine to someone that hasn't heard about it how would you describe it ?

A light hearted gentle comedy with many great one liners, it is non offensive and a cast that warms you with scenery you wished you lived in

Also, copying George's question to me what makes you blush ?

I cannot recall the last time I blushed,I suppose like most folk one gets embarrassed having to strip down for medical staff, I think as you get older and have seen and dealt with most things you rarely blush

have you got much of a collection of Last of the Summer Wine merchandise Terry?

If could have any actor, male or female, guest on Summer Wine who would you chose?

Last question of the day :D

Is there anyone who was in it that in your opinion shouldn't have been or wasn't right for the part?

Last time I went was with my ex boyf. Hoping to visit soon. Might drive there when the weather is better.

Back