February 2014 Ask Susan-Pearl

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Lets see what questions we can ask Susan Pearl this month,just remember she is a busy lady (Beating Howard) and will not always be on hand to answer for a while

Thank you Terry, I don't just limit myself to beating Howard as Dick will testify too. :me:

I'm happy to answer all your questions and I'm really interested to see what you all want know. :eek:

Well Dick, good morning :D
I actually do have a gray cardigan just like Pearls and I call it my Pearl cardy.

My mother was a fierce Northern woman and didn't suffer fools lightly and I think I'v started growing into her. Now that my children and their friends have grow up I now have adult conversions with the friends and several have told me they were scared of me then they were growing up because I didn't pussy foot around, I told it straight and didn't take any messing. ( I was shocked, I didn't think I was that bad) But they also said the reason they kept coming back was because I cooked proper dinners and they always felt well fed when they left my house and now they are my friends too so I can't have been so bad after all. :me:

So to answer your " Lovely" question Dick, I think I'm more like her then I care to admit. :D

Having grown up with a mother who didn't take prisoners ,I know where you're coming from. :D If you had your time over ,would you do it any differently??

No I wouldn't.
My kids have grown up to be good upstanding, law abiding adults with a good work ethic and are bring their kids up the same. They have never brought the police to my door ( Except when my son was asked to be witness to an assault).
I've not done a great deal with my life and I started out by going off the rails a little has a teen but has a mother I'm proud to say I've done a good job. ;D

My dad, he loves it.
When we were little he would watch it and being the 70's people only had one telly so what the adults put on we watched. I don't think I was that in to it at first but then my dad became ill and was in constant pain, he stopped laughing at all the things he used to laugh at except Summer Wine so it got to be I'd sit with him while it was on just hear him laugh and I think I fell in love with it because of that. Has I got older I found I really enjoyed it in my own right. When I feel down or unset I put it on and always feel a little better.

I love reading and I lend a helping hand in raising the grandkids while their parents work, I see that has a hobby because I love doing it.
I like being on the internet, some call it stalking I call it research ;D

I'm also catching up on my education in my spare time, I'm currently doing a Maths course, badly, but I'm hanging on in there. My teacher had a full head of hair we started but any more :eek:.

My family would tell you I like getting lost, we drive to Scotland every year and fly round the Highlands with a useless map and no Sat-Nav and some times very little petrol but by flying by the seat of our pants we have stumbled across some amazing places and always had a great time. I'm currently planning our next trip for October I'll research all the places we want to go and end up being somewhere totally different. ;D

Well I'd have say all in all the one that makes me laugh most is Wally, closely followed by Clegg.

I love the dead pan humour and the shell shocked look he has on his face. I like Cleggs one liners and the way he always seems to view the other 2 as if some times on the outside and is able to analyse them.

As group I like the ladies coffee morning skits, they have come up with some corking one liners and cake snatching is so funny.

You're doing spare time education, do you wish you'd stayed on at school ??( or is that too backward looking??)

I had a terrible time at school, I was called lazy and stupid by most of my teachers and was even hit because I couldn't do the work. It turns out I'm dyslexic so I missed out on a lot of my education because I soon learned what " Skiving" was and it was less stressful then actually going to school.

I then left school to have my first child. It was only when I left I realised I liked reading so tort myself to read and as soon as I could I took it up again. I have really enjoyed doing my courses and have met some really nice people. I think education suits me this time round ;D

if you could pick one actor or actress to have appeared in the show (they would have to have been alive between 1973 and 2010) who would you choose?

I think Brigit Forsyth would have made a good addition to the coffee mornings she has a great dead pan expression that looks like she means business.

I would like to have seen Alan Armstrong play a roll too, I have always enjoyed watching him.

well Brigit's dead pan expression was shown in Still Open All Hours so I agree with you there. would have been good to see Alan Armstrong in the show as well cause im sure they would have got round is natural Geordie accent

I think it is amazing you taught yourself to read. I am very proud for you. :respect:

So, tell us about your husband. How many years have you been married, does he love LOTSW?

Back