Eternal Laws of Summerwineland...

I am thanks and hope you are too :) I could well potentially be interested for something in 2024 if all's favourable - I never knew the photos from the brilliant 1982 book were were from a scrapbook you found - how did you come across such a treasure trove - please don't tell me ebay or Aunty Wainwrights! :D

I won't ask how - much - it'll only upset me! Lol. The best bits of summer wine memorabilia I have are some scripts and the origoinal chivers audio books on cassette for the Moonbather and Gala Week both read superbly by Peter Sallis.

Another one that's dawned on me, whenever they search out an old school friend they assume they're still living locally on their search even though it's been about 60 or so years since they saw them last!!!!!

Yes. The amount of times I got told off by my mam are many for using my shoes as brakes. And fitting playing cards near the wheel to get that BRRRRR sound for 5 minutes :fp:
What about spokey dokeys who remembers them? Little plastic beads that went on each spoke and made a wonderful sound/bloody racket dependent on the age of the listener…….

What about spokey dokeys who remembers them? Little plastic beads that went on each spoke and made a wonderful sound/bloody racket dependent on the age of the listener…….
I do. But they cost money and you just could just grab a piece of card for that wonderful motorbike (not) sound. And besides our limited pocket money stretched to sweets....ummmm plastic thingys or caramel bars that pulled your teeth out plus a couple of bazooka Joe's? :fp:

A few more...

The women's point of view is always the right one.

Eli sees the world through a different lens to everyone else.

Marina is always willing to oblige one or more gentlemen in the nature of humanity.

Whatever the number jobs of Morton Beamish has carried out already, Toby has more for him to do.

Even though Pearl has super radar where Howard is concerned, she never seems to notice when the men are directly in front of their house shouting up at the window or even putting ladders etc to the upstairs window to try and rescue Howard!!!!!

Whenever anyone visits Auntie Wainwright's shop, or even her street, they are always "sold" something they never wanted or intended to buy, even if they did intend to buy something in particular.

A mirror image for Arkwrights this is Roy Clarke reusing a winning formula. Delivery and Collection man Smiler seems to walk miles with a motley collection of artifacts often of large proportions that either Auntie is to sell in the shop and delivering to Customers but the items are often so obscure who the hell is buying this stuff and why and how Smiler ended up as a delivery man when clearly looking at his gait he struggles to walk even without the cart but in SW land he is portrayed as more than capable of delivering anything.

Even though Pearl has super radar where Howard is concerned, she never seems to notice when the men are directly in front of their house shouting up at the window or even putting ladders etc to the upstairs window to try and rescue Howard!!!!!
Sure in one of the Seymour era episodes she does when there trying to get Howard out i could be wrong though

Back