Eternal Laws of Summerwineland...

When the trio have no motor vehicle, how do they have the time or energy to visit all the places they visit in a day, what with all the travelling required?
That's very true! I'm guessing the inference is all the places they visit are actually a lot closer in the 'summerwineland' created world than they actually are. I'm sure @theatrically_inclined can vouch for the vast distances there are in reality for places they visit for filming locations.

That's very true! I'm guessing the inference is all the places they visit are actually a lot closer in the 'summerwineland' created world than they actually are. I'm sure @theatrically_inclined can vouch for the vast distances there are in reality for places they visit for filming locations.
Not only are the places they visit un-walkable distances from each other - they're often going in the wrong direction to get to their destination!

A mirror image for Arkwrights this is Roy Clarke reusing a winning formula. Delivery and Collection man Smiler seems to walk miles with a motley collection of artifacts often of large proportions that either Auntie is to sell in the shop and delivering to Customers but the items are often so obscure who the hell is buying this stuff and why and how Smiler ended up as a delivery man when clearly looking at his gait he struggles to walk even without the cart but in SW land he is portrayed as more than capable of delivering anything.
I think that it's interesting that Smiler shares the pushing of the cart with Tom. They are both slogging it out at the back of the cart. And then let's contrast that with Compo, who ended up, not pushing it, but riding on top of a pile of furniture, like a king returning from a successful battle.

I think that it's interesting that Smiler shares the pushing of the cart with Tom. They are both slogging it out at the back of the cart. And then let's contrast that with Compo, who ended up, not pushing it, but riding on top of a pile of furniture, like a king returning from a successful battle.
Pure Compo. King Compo.

I've got another one, whenever a regular character puts on a disguise they're never recognised even by their friends/family who've seen them many times before!

Back