COVID Vaccine.

So, after about 11 hours, things went downhill.
I started getting tired (real tired) then I got really cold, teeth chattering cold. I then went to bed and now I'm awake 0330. I woke up completely dehydrated so far I've had 2 bottles of water and I'm feeling a little better. My muscles also "burned and would sting"????
We will see how the rest of tomorrow goes.

Sounds the same as we felt for 48 hours after our first jab

So, after about 11 hours, things went downhill.
I started getting tired (real tired) then I got really cold, teeth chattering cold. I then went to bed and now I'm awake 0330. I woke up completely dehydrated so far I've had 2 bottles of water and I'm feeling a little better. My muscles also "burned and would sting"????
We will see how the rest of tomorrow goes.
Drink lots of water, my only real side effect was thirst so I took that mean my body needed more water. I'm glad you got them both done, you'll much better soon.

We had our AZ vaccine on Friday. I felt a bit woozy for a minute or two straight after and weirdly it slightly upset the hernia in my chest. Rest of the day was okay with just a minor under the weather feeling, but then I had a bad night and felt rough for several hours on Saturday. Still felt a little off on Sunday. My wife has heard that the side-effects from the second jab might be worse, so not looking forward to that!

Initially I didn't want the vaccine for at least a year because we're at low risk of Covid and the risk of long term side-effects from a new vaccine is unknown, but changed my mind when it became obvious that foreign travel will need either a vaccine passport or PCR test. The problem with PCR tests for travel is that they add to the cost, and false positives give the risk of paying for the privilege of ruining the holiday.

Drink lots of water, my only real side effect was thirst so I took that mean my body needed more water. I'm glad you got them both done, you'll much better soon.
I did, my body was craving it! I had no desire for anything but water! I'm all good now, feeling back to normal, glad its over!

In the UK the announcement is taking place this very moment about opening up the next phase of the roadmap on April 12th and I am wondering what is happening in the US . Since the New President took Office there has been a very noticeable damping down of the news released here in UK about what's happening over the pond . In the UK next week we are opening up outdoor hospitality and shops and I wondered what life is like in the US at present . Are all stores in the various towns and cities open or does it very much go by state.

What Entertainment venues are open and how about Bars and Restaurants . Can you move around freely or are there restrictions which constrain people from meeting others , are you in essence still living in bubbles of your immediate household only . Thank you in advance for any information you can share . I did see that the current President has pledged to deliver 200 million jabs in his first 100 days of Office and I noted he remains on track at present.

In the UK the announcement is taking place this very moment about opening up the next phase of the roadmap on April 12th and I am wondering what is happening in the US . Since the New President took Office there has been a very noticeable damping down of the news released here in UK about what's happening over the pond . In the UK next week we are opening up outdoor hospitality and shops and I wondered what life is like in the US at present . Are all stores in the various towns and cities open or does it very much go by state.

What Entertainment venues are open and how about Bars and Restaurants . Can you move around freely or are there restrictions which constrain people from meeting others , are you in essence still living in bubbles of your immediate household only . Thank you in advance for any information you can share . I did see that the current President has pledged to deliver 200 million jabs in his first 100 days of Office and I noted he remains on track at present.

The reduced news about the US may be because Biden is getting less scrutiny the Trump. I thought a lot of Covid rules are made by individual states rather than by the President?

All I know is a have an appointment with a hairdresser next Tuesday, him in doors has been well warned and I seemed to have miss placed my bank card!

I didn't go the last time they opened because I knew it would be manic so I waited, I waited to long and they closed again.

We're thinking of taking paracetamol a short time before our second jab, but that's not till June.
Really not worth it.
Both my first jab and this one today were given in the middle of the day and the side effects of the first didn't appear until the foollowing morning.
It is seven hours since I had the second jab and I still feel fine, and not expecting any change until tomorrow morning.
When the side effects did (do) kick in then a paracetomol will stop the feverishness etc.

All I know is a have an appointment with a hairdresser next Tuesday, him in doors has been well warned and I seemed to have miss placed my bank card!

I didn't go the last time they opened because I knew it would be manic so I waited, I waited to long and they closed again.
I was so relieved when the hair salons reopened here in New York State! My very short retro Eton crop had grown out to an unmanageable mop, but with "possibilities". My stylist and I are still working on a new, manageable style, and we're nearly there.

I've tendency toward Hippy again . my "stylist" has stopped cutting her gran's hair and I seem to have been left behind"!:confused2:

I know it's the very least of our worries but we've worried ourselves stupid about everything else this past year. I told my hair dresser my daughter has hacked at it 3 times I've hacked at it twice and I've even dyed it blue but enough is enough.

Back