50 Golden Summers Celebration Weekend (26-28 May)

I have over ordered tickets for the Jonathan Linsley event, so I have 2 tickets spare which I've bought. If anyone wants them please message me, I don't want any money for them but I'm sure a donation of your choice to this site would be a great help.
Following this message, I've decided that I will donate them as a prize for one of Terry's quizes as that may give everyone a chance!

Another event is now on sale HERE.

SUMMER WINOS: LIVE​

SUNDAY 28th May, 2:30pm
The Civic Holmfirth
Winos_Promo2.jpeg

Two Men, Two Hundred and Ninety-Five Episodes, One Obsession…

Last of the Summer Wine
superfans Andrew and Bob take to the stage to explain just how the series has taken over their lives, why it is one of the greatest British television programmes of all time, and what YOU can learn and love from the world’s longest-running sitcom!

When does a fondness for a TV show become an obsession? Andrew T. Smith and Bob Fischer’s gentle love of Last of the Summer Wine quickly become a quest to watch all 295 episodes... In order... While visiting locations... Making films... Meeting the cast... Boozing with the writer... And, ultimately, turning their passion into a live stage show. But they’re not obsessed. Are they?

After both a 2018 Edinburgh Fringe Festival run and a 2019 UK tour fuelled only by cream scones and strong Yorkshire tea, Andrew and Bob are returning to where it all began with a special updated 50th anniversary performance. Expect dressing up, audience participation, overly-earnest reminiscing, and – brace yourself – kazoos, as they take to the stage to explain just how Last of the Summer Wine has taken over their lives, and what YOU can learn and love from the world’s longest-running sitcom!

SummerWineMemoriesRectangle.jpg

SUMMER WINE MEMORIES

with
Tommy Cannon - Last of the Summer Wine, Comedy Legend
Jonathan Linsley – "Crusher" in Last of the Summer Wine, "Chunky" in First of the Summer Wine
Stuart Fell – Last of the Summer Wine Stuntman
David Fenwick – Young Clegg in First of the Summer Wine
Maggie Ollerenshaw – Last of the Summer Wine, First of the Summer Wine, Open & Still Open All Hours

Join Bob Fischer (BBC Tees, Summer Winos) on stage as he interviews some of the performers who helped bring Last of the Summer Wine to our screens over the course of its thirty-seven year run. Then jump at the chance to ask your own questions!

Veteran comedian Tommy Cannon appeared in three episodes of Last of the Summer Wine, but this doesn't even scratch the surface of the tip of the iceberg of his career. A national treasure who became a household name as one half of Cannon and Ball alongside the late Bobby Ball, Tommy has been a welcome present on stage and screen since the 1970s in projects like The Cannon and Ball Show, The Boys In Blue, I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!, Not Going Out, and much much more.

Jonathan Linsley charmed Last of the Summer Wine audiences as Sid and Ivy's nephew "Crusher" and went on to appear in First of the Summer Wine as "Chunky". In advance of his one man show later in the evening, Jonathan joins former cast-mates to share memories of filming.

Stuntman Stuart Fell doubled for Bill Owen as Compo for many years and has a tale or two to tell about his many pratfalls, runaway rides, and tumbles. In addition to his work in Last of the Summer Wine, Stuart has also performed all manner of death defying feats in films and television series like Doctor Who, Superman, The Empire Strikes Back, Blake's 7, The Goodies, 'Allo 'Allo, and Keeping Up Appearances.

David Fenwick had big shoes to fill as the young Norman Clegg, but proved himself across two series of First of the Summer Wine. A familiar face across film and television, David has appeared in the likes of Grange Hill, Emmerdale, Heartbeat, Coronation Street, The Krays and more.

Maggie Ollerenshaw holds the record for the most roles in separate series penned by Roy Clarke. In addition to her guest roles in Last of the Summer Wine and Rosie, she played the part of Clegg's mother in First of the Summer Wine and Mavis in both Open All Hours and Still Open All Hours. To children she may be best known as the voice of Henrietta in Thomas the Tank Engine since 2014, but her long and wide ranging career has taken in roles from Victoria Wood's As Seen On TV to Play For Today and from Scarborough to The House of Elliott.

Approximately 90 minutes plus an intermission

NOTE: All guests are subject to professional and personal commitments. Please be aware that guest line ups and event content may change without notice. 50 Golden Summers reserves the right to make alterations to an event rendered necessary by unavoidable cause.

TICKETS AVAILABLE HERE

Thanks for giving us the heads up Graham, a wonderful segment of the news, for those who can get BBC iPlayer here's the link. The relevant bit starts at about 20 mins in. Perhaps someone with more IT knowhow than me could 'rip' out this segment and post it so our overseas members can see it.

Thanks Barry , a few things the girls who walked down the steps at the start will now be drawing their pension and could star in the remake . I didn't realise how old Colin was , its a while since I saw him when I last did the tour, it just shows time marches on . The reporter looked with trepidation at the steps down I was waiting for a "cuuuuuut!!!" as he tumbled down . I know it is a short report but yet again it all centres on Holmfirth when truth be told very little of the series is filmed there and Nora's and the Cafe are the only "regulars" albeit iconic.

The Look North link is no longer valid but the same segment made it onto National BBC Breakfast this morning, hopefully that will garner support for the event in May. It's at 1:24 for those who want to jump to it.

Back