50 Golden Summers Celebration Weekend (26-28 May)

I've just realised he's at the Getting Sam Home screening which I wasn't planning on going to as I'm not a fan of that episode. However as Ken will be doing a Q&A I've quickly reversed that decision!

I've signed up for most of the events and very much looking forward to it.
I love the show but only really dip in and out of episodes occasionally so I'm sure I'll be the least knowledgable person there!
Delightful news to hear that Ken Kitson will be at the screening.
Hope to see some of you there, I'll be at the pub on the first evening.

Hello and Welcome ITMA glad to have you on board hope you enjoy the site and look forward to your posts . With reference to your Member name are you a fan of the ITMA show . I had heard of it but didn't know anything about it other than Tommy Handley was one of the stars just checked wikipedia and some intersting information about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's_...="ITMA", or "It's,editor of the Daily Express.

Hello and Welcome ITMA glad to have you on board hope you enjoy the site and look forward to your posts . With reference to your Member name are you a fan of the ITMA show . I had heard of it but didn't know anything about it other than Tommy Handley was one of the stars just checked wikipedia and some intersting information about it.
Hi, to be honest I don't know much about it (ITMA) either, I started using the name years ago on any site I was on related to vintage TV or Radio because it seemed to fit, and I've stuck with it ever since. A bit before my time I'm afraid!

Running down the list of ITMA performers, it made me think there must be at least one who also appeared in Summer Wine. Surely? Running down the list (of which most had sadly passed before Summer Wine was a glint in Roy Clarke's eye), I've failed to find a single one.

I'm disappointed Maurice Denahm didn't (seem to) make an appearance - he was in everything in the 70's and 80's. Thought Molly Weir might have come good too!
TTFN!

Further, it's mounted on a wheeled trolley with coil springs, probably so they could rock it to simulate motion.

I believe so, but think it was a saloon with the roof removed. The saloon rear seat was wider making it easier for 3 Ladies!

The event is exactly a month away today, I'm already counting down the days! Hope as many members as possible can get up to enjoy what will probably be the last ever big event to commemorate our wonderful series. Hopefully someone will be taking lots of pictures to share with those members who're not able to attend.

I guess they don't apply this premise of cutting a vehicle in half for filming purposes to all vehicles because I cannot see Howard and Marina riding Unicycles :08::fp:
You'll notice in some close ups of Howard and Marina cycling, they are close together and stay exactly in line. They're on a trailer with the camera being towed along, just sitting on bikes! Compo and Smiler did something similar on Smiler's tandem, notice Compo's handlebars are very shaky, they're not even attached to a bike!

Back