snow??

Until yesterday we had 5-6 inches, this morning we got another inch, right now we have rain even though it´s still well below freezing point and it´ll stay like that for another week, but warm air masses were coming from southwest Germany today and so the streets are covered in ice now, everything is, because the rain freezes immediately! Driving and walking is dangerous right now, though we don´t have it as bad here yet because we only got very little rain, made hardly any difference. But they say we could get another 5 inches of snow during the night, so that´ll be 10 inches again if it comes. Oh dear!! We had that 2 years ago or so, you literally had to dig up the car in places before you could even get it out of the parking lot.

Until yesterday we had 5-6 inches, this morning we got another inch, right now we have rain even though it´s still well below freezing point and it´ll stay like that for another week, but warm air masses were coming from southwest Germany today and so the streets are covered in ice now, everything is, because the rain freezes immediately! Driving and walking is dangerous right now, though we don´t have it as bad here yet because we only got very little rain, made hardly any difference. But they say we could get another 5 inches of snow during the night, so that´ll be 10 inches again if it comes. Oh dear!! We had that 2 years ago or so, you literally had to dig up the car in places before you could even get it out of the parking lot.

We're a bunch of girls here in the UK when it comes to snow, one snow flake and all the schools,airports and sports centres close down ::)
But having said that it is getting worse out there now, its not stopped all day :eek:

Lucky you Dick we're about 4 foot under now and its still going strong :eek:

Going to be hilarious on the school run tomorrow :D

Am expecting the boiler man tomorrow, he couldn't get up the street last week during the snow so he said he'd try again this week. At least the boiler is working after a fashion but it needs new parts. The council only put it in last May, but its been trouble since day 1 . >:( Do you think that I will get any rebate for the extra gas it is using at the moment?? ::) ;) ;) Your guess is as good as mine! ;D

I wouldn't put money on it Dick but good with it :D

Hope your keeping warm! I phoned my dad this morning and told him to turn his heating up and we'll worry about the cost later I made sure he had plenty of food in too, lots of soup and the like.

:) I'm under orders from my daughters as well . As my son put it "sod the gas bill we'll sort it later!" ;)

We could be related! That's exactly what I said, you should never disobey a daughter we're always right ! ;D

daughters eh susan.......two lads. grown up and both paras, the youngest is our daughter who is 25 a podiatrist but goodness none of us would quarrel with her...but she is lovely xxx

:eek: It really began snowing again, at this rate we´ll really have 10 inches tomorrow if it doesn´t stop. Dear trusty rusty old Volkswagen of mine, please don´t let me down ;)...

Looks great! Glad to say our snow seems to have mostly gone. The ice, on the other hand, is everywhere.

>:( Boiler man could not make it again! Says he will try again tomorrow ,though its snowing here at the moment so I am not holding my breath .! ::) Good job I have heating or else it could be nasty!

:eek: It really began snowing again, at this rate we´ll really have 10 inches tomorrow if it doesn´t stop. Dear trusty rusty old Volkswagen of mine, please don´t let me down ;)...

If it is covered in snow **** you will not see the rust ;D

So who should of been going somewhere today,Work,School,Medical appointment etc but because of the weather are staying put

Half my grandchildren are off school, we made it to the hospital and doctors and back so we're doing OK.

Just seen some clown on BBC news sayong that the only reason that parents are annoyed about the schools being closed is that they miss their free babysitting service! :-X

I'll vent gently!
1 we pay via our tax's for kids to go to school
2 we actually love our kids and would love to spend more time with them and
3 most importantly IT'S THE LAW !!
Sorry but that's was bursting out. ;D

So who should of been going somewhere today,Work,School,Medical appointment etc but because of the weather are staying put

Up here in Fife we are only just begiining to get anything significant but this moring it is generally very wet stuff which is just lying but melting at the same time. Will be differnt when it freezes tonight.

No new snow here in Minnesota, but the temperature is -10 F (-23 C). Good day to cozy up to the TV and watch LOTSW. (It's also a holiday so I'm off work.)

Back