Mistakes

In the beginning of the Forked Lightning episode, when Clegg first slips his bike chain and is being laughed at, you can hear one of the onlookers saying "Nice one, Cyril."

Clegg touches his cap in acknowledgement right after it's said. A small mistake but it grates me for some reason every time I hear it.

I also could not see any element of a mistake there. It was the catch-phrase for a very frequent commercial for Wonder Loaf sliced bread at the time.

Small mistake noted today in "Lipstick and Other Problems" - Marina on side of road with broken bicycle. Barry driving up in car with indicator already on to pull over to her long before he could have seen her.

You people are really alert to catch mistakes. Auntie would never give refunds that is for sure but she could have bought those dogs by the dozen (cheaper price). As we all know Auntie likes a good deal. She most likely replaced the one in the window with another.

You people are really alert to catch mistakes. Auntie would never give refunds that is for sure but she could have bought those dogs by the dozen (cheaper price). As we all know Auntie likes a good deal. She most likely replaced the one in the window with another.
Yes, Compo. Agreed. And in regard to Forked Lightning, I always took the fella calling, "Nice one, Cyril." to be the same as we here is the States used to say, Hey Mack. or Buddy or Pal.

When someone doesn't know your name they invent one. Here in Malta it is popular to call someone Charlie or even Joe.

Yes that's right or perhaps use a word that isn't really a name like "Sunshine" or if you are a Geordie :- "Pet"

Yes, Compo. Agreed. And in regard to Forked Lightning, I always took the fella calling, "Nice one, Cyril." to be the same as we here is the States used to say, Hey Mack. or Buddy or Pal.

Being American, I guess the reference was never intended for me to understand anyway. ;D
So, simple coincidence then with one of the main characters being named Cyril. I get it now.

Okay, I 'll try this again. :D I was watching PBS tonight and did see a mistake with the crew. It's the episode "Camera Shy." As Foggy is peering into the window of Auntie Wainwright's shop, you can see the camera man moving his head in the reflection.

LOSWgoof.png

It was always a problem when filming at Auntie's with such a vast amount of glass and a narrow street to film in, I noticed in later years of filming they would cover the camera man in a black sheet to avoid him being spotted when he we working close to the windows,cars were also another problem,which their shiny paintwork,so they had a spray can of something that they sprayed over the surface of the car to stop too many reflections,I always watch for that sort of thing in TV shows and sometimes you can just catch reflections of the crew

Okay, I 'll try this again. :D I was watching PBS tonight and did see a mistake with the crew. It's the episode "Camera Shy." As Foggy is peering into the window of Auntie Wainwright's shop, you can see the camera man moving his head in the reflection.

LOSWgoof.png

Well spotted I had never noticed that :)

In "A Bycycle Made for Three" when the trio go into the cafe after the first ride of the bikes and Compo back has locked, when he goes to put his hand on the new paintwork Ivy says she will feed him through her waste disposer, however a few years later in "Jaws" when Edie's is being installed she says she hasn't got a waste disposer

In "A Bycycle Made for Three" when the trio go into the cafe after the first ride of the bikes and Compo back has locked, when he goes to put his hand on the new paintwork Ivy says she will feed him through her waste disposer, however a few years later in "Jaws" when Edie's is being installed she says she hasn't got a waste disposer

When Crusher was about she probably did have a waste disposal ;D

It's a small thing but placement is what I noticed in two instances. Actors that didn't hit their correct mark after "Cut!" and "Action!" In Foggy's first appearance the boys are lugging his bags and such and Clegg passes windows of one color, I think green and the next set of windows are red trimmed. When Clegg calls back to Foggy and turns they have him already passed the red trimmed windows. Just me . . sorry. The other: Wally thinks they are talking about his pigeon, but it is Nora's feet on their mind. As they walk back home, they stop and Foggy is close to the wall, there is no room for Wally to pass. They continue to talk and Wally freely passes between them. Placement.

I noticed in Big Day at Dream acres

1.Crushes knocks the handbrake off his 2CV car and it rolls towards the road,just as he catches it, in the lay-by is a blue van and it appears there is no driver,yet seconds later when he pulls the car back the van has gone

2.At some point Seymour comments about punishment and states you cannot use the cane any more,yet in his final episode when Foggy returns he seems to be unaware the cane is no longer allowed

Very good, you guys. And how about when Ivy is arguing with Sid and a worker comes in wanting his Thermos filled and 6 meat pies. Before he enters you can see him reflected in the glass outside the Café. I've forgotten the episode, sry.

In one of the early ones, Blamire is in a barbershop getting a trim and the microphone is briefly seen.

In one of the early ones, Blamire is in a barbershop getting a trim and the microphone is briefly seen.
I'll have to look for that next time. lol In "Come In Sun Ray Major" ther boys are in the countryside and Compo goes upside down by a wall as is his want. Foggy points to Compo's LEFT trouser leg and asks "What did you repair that with?" When Compo is upright they are inspecting his RIGHT side. tsk tsk.

Not sure if this is a mistake or done just to emphasize Cleggs driving skill !! But in the "Loxley Lozenge" Clegg is driving Wesleys landrover, he turns right into a farm yard but I think he is indicating left.

In "Splash in Wales," no telling what will happen when Cleggy has to dress up to travel. In the cafe, he's wearing a double breasted coat and then a "few minutes later" when leaves the cafe to get into the car, he's in a single breasted coat. Both coats are impeccably tailored and look quite elegant.

Back