Mistakes

Maybe not a "Mistake". Maybe something we have discussed before which I have forgotten due to massive brain cell annihilation.

Concerning Clegg's and Howard and Pearl's houses, there is very much the thought that they lived side by side. That certainly is the case in the street where they end up part way through Series #12. But was that actually the case prior to that?

Wikipedia states in the summary/notes to "Das Welly Boot":

"From this episode Thereafter, Clegg and Howard move to their new respective homes although still next door neighbours. They would remain there for the rest of the series, til shows End (20 years later)."

Though horribly turgid and grammatically incorrect text, that certainly implies they were next door neighbours before moving. However, I have thought it before and looking carefully at today's "When You take a Good Bite, Yorkshire Tastes Terrible" seemed to have it confirmed that there was another front door between Clegg's and Howard and Pearl's. So they seem to have been next door neighbours but one.

Correct. It was a row of three houses. Cleggy was at one end, Howard & Pearl on the other. There was a house in-between but we never saw the occupant(s) of this house.

This may have come up before, Watched Mobile Salad Strainer on the box, outside the pub Compo asked what sort of swine could break his wifes leg to attract Nora?We get to the cousins and Nora is tending what looks like a broken arm. Am I wrong?? ???

They moved the location for the houses because the person in the middle house started demanding a lot of money because of traffic past thier house ie actors,crew.Taught her a lesson they moved location so no money gained!

i think he should ave been paid for the use of his outside house land and the nuisance caused when moving camera and telephones, and bread

They moved the location for the houses because the person in the middle house started demanding a lot of money because of traffic past thier house ie actors,crew.Taught her a lesson they moved location so no money gained!

It is always delightful when a money grasping individual seeking to profiteer gets caught out and loses because of their greed.

I must say that I liked the new location much better.

Absolutely, made for far more situations to be played out and gave a magnificent view.

I preferred the architecture of the old location. But the new location was better overall as the wider road made filming easier, and as stated before, the view was magnificent.

The new location was better with far better long shots of the locality and the houses were nicer looking.

Is it me and my appalling sense of perspective, but in "Three Men and a Mangle" does PC #1 (IMDb designation) halt the police car too far under the bridge. It struck me (no pun intended) that where he initially positioned it, the only part which a falling mangle might hit was the boot (trunk for our trans- Atlantic cousins). I was convinced it had to be moved aft for the falling mangle to strike it midships.

absolutely right big unc, just checked it, never noticed before but the car has been moved well back...when they first pulled up the viaduct wall was right next to the car, well spotted.

Not a mistake as such but a scene I love to watch.
In 'Who's that bloke with Nora Batty then?',Seymour,Wesley and Cleggy are on Nora's steps when they signal Compo by coughing.Peter Sallis looks like he's thoroughly enjoying himself overdoing it.

I must say that I liked the new location much better.

The view down the lane from Cleggy's house towards Howard's is very interesting; I love the look of that house on the right. It has such interesting proportions.

Last time we were in the area, there had been a small
land slip by that last house on the right, and we were
"not allowed" down the lane to Clegg's and Howard's
houses, but you could see the land slip from the
lane below.

This may have come up before, Watched Mobile Salad Strainer on the box, outside the pub Compo asked what sort of swine could break his wifes leg to attract Nora?We get to the cousins and Nora is tending what looks like a broken arm. Am I wrong?? ???

I said the same thing. My hubby says, Nora says, "Mind your leg." or summat like that. So it is arm and leg?

In "Who's Got Rhythem?", when the trio comes out of Aintie Wainwright's with Compo's one man band, you see Clegg carrying a black and white ceramic dog that Auntie has sold him.
But in the following episode during an outside shot of Auntie's shop, when they start doing a close-up of Foggy telling a war story, you see the same item in they bottom right corner of the shop window. Now we all know Auntie does NOT give refunds. HAHA

Is it me and my appalling sense of perspective, but in "Three Men and a Mangle" does PC #1 (IMDb designation) halt the police car too far under the bridge. It struck me (no pun intended) that where he initially positioned it, the only part which a falling mangle might hit was the boot (trunk for our trans- Atlantic cousins). I was convinced it had to be moved aft for the falling mangle to strike it midships.
Correct, Unc, I noticed that too. However, something even worse to me is the tying of the mangle. Seymour drops the rope down and it cascades around the mangle. Next we see that the mangle is expertly wrapped up in the rope and properly knotted.

In the beginning of the Forked Lightning episode, when Clegg first slips his bike chain and is being laughed at, you can hear one of the onlookers saying "Nice one, Cyril."

Clegg touches his cap in acknowledgement right after it's said. A small mistake but it grates me for some reason every time I hear it.

Nice one Cyril was a advertising saying at that time.Everybody was saying it. :)
It became a song by the Cockerill Chorus about Tottenham Hotspur and their player Cyril Knowles.It actually did well in the charts :)

Back